GDT: #6| Canes vs. Pens | Fri. Oct. 18 7:00 PM EST |PPG| NHLN, SN-PIT, BSSO | Mario Bobble head on my B-day ....And Justice For All

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think there’s anyone to replace Sullivan with. Worthwhile candidates all have jobs right now. Unless you want Quinn.
Todd Nelson.

I'd give Vellucci the interim gig, hell get your ass over there and coach, anyone but Sullivan and Quinn.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
We are not watching “not good” defense, this is a terrible one, kind of worst in NHL defense
They’re abandoning the front of the net when they try to get the puck out and they’re being way too aggressive in the NZ. Looks like a systemic change that isn’t working. Giving up way too many high quality chances playing like this.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
You eat beans on toast, opinion is null and void

:sarcasm:
Listen mate after a rough night of Pub crawls, that helps settle the stomach and as a bonus you get to rip wicked farts. There's also eggs and sausages you wanker. But I mean, yeah.

Road trip predictions?
Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

How many points do we come out with?
Three.

OTL vs the Flames.
Lose in regulation vs the Jets and Oilers.
Win against the Canucks.

Well maybe 4. Wins against Edmonton and Vancouver. Lose against Flames and Jets.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Honestly if they can just not make this into a blowout loss for the sake of Blomqvist and lose 3-1 while still being absolutely dominated, it'd still drive the point home that Sullivan is a bell end.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The best outcome is to keep losing and get Sullivan fired.i don't care if we suck and can't compete, I don't want this dude in charge of any semblance of a rebuild.

Hurricane are thinking of firing Brindamour lol.
In the words of Van Halen, "Dream another Dream." It ain't happening so why do we even bother discussing it? Mike Sullivan is probably safer than any other NHL coach. After all, he is Team USA's head coach. Nobody is firing that. Not this year. Forget about it.

Our first unit, first line plus first pairing, can't get out of their own zone all game. This is NOT just this game. The Tage Thompson line was doing the same thing the other night.

So naturally, the coach switches up the second and third lines. Because that was the issue. Only Mike Sullivan would do that. Is this coming from Crosby? Is Crosby telling him that he needs Anthony (the Great) Beauvillier on his line?

Perhaps one day I will understand Mike Sullivan 101.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I don’t think there’s anyone to replace Sullivan with. Worthwhile candidates all have jobs right now. Unless you want Quinn.
Nothing stopping them from dipping into the college ranks and making an offer to someone like Rand Pecknold.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The best outcome is to keep losing and get Sullivan fired.i don't care if we suck and can't compete, I don't want this dude in charge of any semblance of a rebuild.

Hurricane are thinking of firing Brindamour lol.
Mostly because Brindy has beef with the dipshit Canes owner. I don't think Tulsky wants to fire him at all.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Also don't forget when the Oilers fired Woody, they plucked Knobber from the AHL and not their own affiliate.

We think this is bad but the Jets game will be an absolute blood bath and destruction by the Jets.

I think blokes that think the Canes got worse this off season maybe didn't quite get how deep they are with prospects and next players up.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Also don't forget when the Oilers fired Woody, they plucked Knobber from the AHL and not their own affiliate.

We think this is bad but the Jets game will be an absolute blood bath and destruction by the Jets.

I think blokes that think the Canes got worse this off season maybe didn't quite get how deep they are with prospects and next players up.
That's a solid point. Woodcroft may be the best option atm.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Or Dubas can go dip into his OHL roots. That Saginaw coach was mighty impressive in the Memorial Cup last season.

IF they wanted to, they could find candidates. But they don't want to.
This team, I think the approach Nelson has is the best fit - especially for players like Doc, Puljujarvi, McGroarty, Puustinen, etc.

That'd be my target the moment that walnut is fired. Call up Todd Nelson and tell him to comeback where his career started.

That's a solid point. Woodcroft may be the best option atm.
I mean I wouldn't be opposed to Woodcroft as an option either. My preference would be Nelson first, personally.

Or if Carolina decides to be stupid and fires Rod the Bod, he'd be a great choice as Sullys replacement lol

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad