GDT: #6| Canes vs. Pens | Fri. Oct. 18 7:00 PM EST |PPG| NHLN, SN-PIT, BSSO | Mario Bobble head on my B-day ....And Justice For All

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's also a function of the PP being awful.

Over 82 games, Malkin averages 36 PPP. Last year he had 18. If he hit his career average, he's over a point per game.

And before anyone says that he's older now so that's too much to expect from him, he hit his career average on the nose the year before last.
Maybe, just maybe if Tanger can make that backhand pass, he would have more points/goals,
Both Karl and Tanger just ignore him when he is ready to pull the trigger, his slapshot as much as it was said declined is still the best weapon we have on PP, case in point finally against Buffalo

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Nice to enjoy some feel good vibes before this forum goes back to doom and gloom. 10 games in the first 18 days of the seasons is a tough ask of this old group. Throw in a d-corps that's struggling and a starting goalie that's out to lunch, and it's good to see them above water right now.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Probably gonna miss this one.

If the Pens can win this I might dare to have a little hope about their season.

Yeah it's hard to NOT think that the rest of the season is mostly downhill after last game but winning this one would at least make me start thinking some crazy delusional fan thoughts. To this point they've only beat some pretty questionable teams.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah it's hard to NOT think that the rest of the season is mostly downhill after last game but winning this one would at least make me start thinking some crazy delusional fan thoughts. To this point they've only beat some pretty questionable teams.
It would be nice to get a win with that Western Canadian trip coming up. The Pens have not had a good time on that trip the past couple of seasons.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just have the coach avoid that matchup… it’s ridiculous he doesn’t when he can control more at home
I think the biggest issue is when it is at home.

Malkin is the 2nd line center.

Staal is the 3rd line center.

So it's a win if Both lines are sitting.

Now sure offensive zone face off sure Malkin can get out and Staal isn't out
That can happen however the NHL has a lot of on the fly shifts.

Just an advantage for them since Staal can play less.

Reactions: Andy99

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Not a Pens fan but a big Pulju fan so I'm so happy Jesse seems to be officially back after all the unfortunate injuries and personal struggles. I mean seriously, I don't care which team you root for, how can you not wish nothing but success for such a bright, colorful dude as Pulju? Not even Sullivan can scratch him again if he keeps playing as good as he has ever since the first pre-season game. Him and Eller have found some nice chemistry together.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It would be nice to get a win with that Western Canadian trip coming up. The Pens have not had a good time on that trip the past couple of seasons.
That Edmonton game last season...ooof

The Calgary game was also massively frustrating.

That is a very tough trip, especially with Winnipeg playing so well. Hate the afternoon Sunday start.

Not a Pens fan but a big Pulju fan so I'm so happy Jesse seems to be officially back after all the unfortunate injuries and personal struggles. I mean seriously, I don't care which team you root for, how can you not wish nothing but success for such a bright, colorful dude as Pulju? Not even Sullivan can scratch him again if he keeps playing as good as he has ever since the first pre-season game. Him and Eller have found some nice chemistry together.
His hands are silky smooth. He is so much fun to watch, and so invaluable to this team right now.

Which, of course, means he will be scratched again sometime on this Cdn road trip.

Book it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Pulju has been one of the best stories of the young season so far IMO.

His goal last game was nasty.

Reactions: insomniaddict

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas has thrown a lot of stuff at the wall but some is sticking and that is just the way to go. Jesse P, Glass, Eller, a healthy Acciari and even Hayes while getting picks may work out. Add in the Jake deal and Canes took a shot but they had to know Jake was going to test the market. Still think the deal is different of Jake signs and extension with the Canes a Dubas has a stringer hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad