Post-Game Talk: 6-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I didn't even notice that last night.

it was def intentional but there was not much velocity behind it. I don't believe that could've caused the issue. the heavier collision looked to be Marchand's right side into benny's elbow. additionally, Marchand was grimacing in pain and hunched over in a way you might expect if he broke a rib, for example.
I assumed shoulder at the time, but who knows, it was a bang bang play and Bennett was the one being checked, lol

Reactions: Mase

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I assumed shoulder at the time, but who knows, it was a bang bang play and Bennett was the one being checked, lol
For the life of me, why would anyone try to go at Benny especially out in the open with him fully aware.

Marchand checked Chucky pretty good do I guess he was feeling himself

Reactions: Chaos2k7

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have some song lines in mind. Like

Pasta fought the Chuck and the Chuck won.

Marchy, oooh, didn’t mean to make you cry.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
On the replays admittedly Bennett does raise his right arm and his gloved fist may make contact with Marchand’s head. However:
1) Marchand initiated the contact (he was aiming to hit Bennett who was only intending to dump the puck and then get a line change).
2) Bennett had to prepare for a hit, knowing Marchand may have been looking for an opportunity to test his left hand (yeah, he’s equally dirty and would hit the injured hand if he got a chance).
3) Part of preparation was to protect the left hand and thus extend the right arm.
4) If that happened to connect with a significant punch to Marchand’s head, it most certainly wasn’t a sucker punch. I would congratulate Benny for the lightning fast ninja reflex and remind anyone wishing to sucker check a player who’s trying to dump the puck to not be unprepared for a counter hit.
5) The whole sequence is Marchand’s own fault.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

60b2e2a1fd97c753.jpg

In layman's terms: "your team is too good and I don't like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad