5th in the East

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I don't remember the last time we were this high in the standing table. Hopefully our guys continue playing the same way and keep collecting points. In such a short season, every single game is important.
2eam90l.png

Apr 28, 2010
we were 1st in EC back in 2008. i still remember.. what an awesome year that was. leading the league in goals too.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Feels good. Hope we keep this up. But I feel we'll get a rude awakening tomorrow or this week end. Have a little slump. Just so we can tune our game and come back in the higher spots.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
we were 1st in EC back in 2008. i still remember.. what an awesome year that was. leading the league in goals too.

Yep, we were ahead of the 2nd place team by 1 goal. Detroit, I think? Maybe Ottawa? I forget. But we pulled ahead of Pittsburgh for the conference lead by a point in the last game too. Sweet, sweet year.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I hope we can stay 1 point behind Boston so that our first game against them in a week or so will be for the conference.

That's going to be a whale of a game.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Too early to talk standings, come on now :laugh:
I agree. But it feels great, right now. :D I think we'll have a slump in standings soon. But not a terrible one. Enough for us to wake up and come back stronger.

But until that harsh reality hits us in the face. "WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Good to see you guys doing well, most of my buddies are Habs fans and there is nothing better than a Bruins/Habs rivalry. The young guys are playing well, Markov is healthy and Price is just Price.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
looks good so far, with the shortened season, if we can continue to play like this until the 10-15 game mark it will be difficult for other teams to leap frog us.

Go Habs go!!!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The Habs had a favorable schedule to start and they took advantage. Hopefully they can keep it up.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
i don't start looking at standings until half way through a season.

I read somewhere once that the actual date is American Thanksgiving, or about 1/4 of the way through the season. If you're not top eight in the conference by that time you can be pretty well sure that you're not making the playoffs in April (I think the numbers are if you are in the playoffs at American Thanksgiving there's a 77.5% chance you'll be in the playoffs period). This season, with its shortened schedule against only conference rivals will be different, but I imagine by game 15 (Monday, February 18th versus Carolina) we'll gave a good idea of where we stand.

All the same a 4-1-0 start is quite good. Everything is magnified in this shortened season, so it's almost like we opened 8-2-0 - which should make even the most pessimistic of fans a little more content. Considering we did it without PK and with Patches on IR for the last two games it looks even better.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
+7 goal difference is what I'm most pleased about. If we were first with a +1 that wouldn't be the same. It means we're winning our games handily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad