GDT: 55 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Las Vegas Golden Fleurys | Welcome back #29!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Neither goalie playing their best.

Kinda hope it goes to OT.

Ugh. Just what we need. A MAF pokecheck to lose in the SO.

Then again..MAF would probably try to play the puck in OT and shoot it into his goal off a player's skate...

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Damn I just do not have a good feeling about this. They might need 6 to win.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We need two points here. Even though NJ will lose, it looks like Philly, Car, COL and WSH all will have gotten at least a point, both games to OT

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
That's how he's taught to play that, though. That's a shot that goes in maybe 5% of the time, it was a perfect shot. He's not supposed to be standing up with skaters in that kind of position, it's a lot easier to score down low than it is to score on that kind of shot.

I'm not sure why he or any goalie would be taught to go down there? If he stands up hugging the post that goal never happens

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure why he or any goalie would be taught to go down there? If he stands up hugging the post that goal never happens

If you stand up and hug the post there, you're prone to giving up low goals, specifically on the ice. It's a lot easier to shoot a quick shot five hole, where Murray wouldn't be able to get down fast enough, than it is to make that shot that went in. The phrase "play the percentages" is totally on point.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad