Prospect Info: 54th Overall - Jack Peart

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any updates on Peart's progress? Interested to see who of O'Rourke, Hunt, Lambos, Peart can take the next step on the blue line.
Clearly Hunt in the near term. He is NHL ready. No one stands out otherwise. Buium is probably the next guy to step into the lineup(after Hunt). I could see him taking Chisholm's spot(3rd pair/#2PP)next year, and Hunt, Merrill's spot as 6/7D.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Clearly Hunt in the near term. He is NHL ready. No one stands out otherwise. Buium is probably the next guy to step into the lineup(after Hunt). I could see him taking Chisholm's spot(3rd pair/#2PP)next year, and Hunt, Merrill's spot as 6/7D.
Wording is a little weird on this. I assume that is just because Hunt can be called up tothe NHL, whereas Buium is in college. Buium would be on the NHL team right now if he wasn’t in college. His talent level is so high. I look forward to the silver lining that he is a huge reason Denver is going to crush Wisconsin this weekend.

Don’t recall from watching past AHL seasons, can Hunt play on his off hand? He could be a guy that replaces Bogosian going forward.

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Buium-Hunt

Or

Buium-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Hunt

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wording is a little weird on this. I assume that is just because Hunt can be called up tothe NHL, whereas Buium is in college. Buium would be on the NHL team right now if he wasn’t in college. His talent level is so high. I look forward to the silver lining that he is a huge reason Denver is going to crush Wisconsin this weekend.

Don’t recall from watching past AHL seasons, can Hunt play on his off hand? He could be a guy that replaces Bogosian going forward.

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Buium-Hunt

Or

Buium-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Hunt
I don't see Brodin or Middleton going anywhere, and Buium will likely be on the team next year, if not sooner, so Hunt really needs to be able to play on the offside, and even then he'd be relying on Spurgeon/Bogo to be injured or traded, and since they are RH'ed, he's not really a direct replacement. I don't think that MN expected to have a chance to draft Buium ...it's really created a logjam.

On the LH side, we will have a nice blend of talent. Brodin as a peerless defender, who can defend speed. Middleton as a heavy hitter and solid defender, and Buium as on offensive force. RHD is where we need someone to emerge. After Faber, Bogo and Spurge are on the tail end of their careers. I am not sure if any of Spacek, Healey, or Masters will ever be NHL'ers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad