GDT: #54 – Sabres at Coyotes – Thu Jan 30 – 9:00 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR-550

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
gdt-buf-vs-phx-1.png
gdt-buf-vs-phx-2.png

gdt-buf-vs-phx-3.png
gdt-buf-vs-phx-4.png

GAME #54: BUF (14-30-8) at PHX (25-18-10) – THU JAN 30 – 9 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550CHAT
01/28 – GAME RECAP: VARONE SCORES 1ST NHL GOAL IN OT LOSS (Joe Ray – Sabres.com)

01/28 – GAME RECAP: Greiss, Coyotes Shut Out Slumping Kings (Jerry Brown – NHL.com)

01/29 – Coyotes continue homestand by facing Sabres (Eric Goodman – NHL.com)

01/29 – Sabres’ Chad Ruhwedel quickly learning pro game, impressing in NHL (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

01/30 – Christian Ehrhoff piling up points again, he might’ve been pressing earlier (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

01/30 – Game Preview: 1/30/14 at Phoenix Coyotes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

01/30 – Sabres at Coyotes Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

01/30 – Press Clips: 1/30/14 at Phoenix Coyotes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

01/30 – THE MORNING SKATE: D'AGOSTINI POISED TO MAKE COMEBACK IN PHOENIX (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

01/30 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: ALL IN THE FAMILY (Craig Kanalley – Sabres.com)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES
sabres_logo.svgz

Final Lineup

26 Matt Moulson ("A") – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons
9 Steve Ott ("C") – 19 Cody Hodgson – 23 Ville Leino
82 Marcus Foligno – 84 Phil Varone – 27 Matt D'Agostini
37 Matt Ellis – 24 Zenon Konopka – 65 Brian Flynn
X: 17 Linus Omark (healthy), 32 John Scott

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel
6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers
4 Jamie McBain – 52 Alexander Sulzer
X: 10 Christian Ehrhoff (illness)

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

D Jamie McBain, F Linus Omark, and F Drew Stafford were scratches in Tuesday's 5-4 OT loss vs Washington.
Ehrhoff missed the morning skate (illness) and is a game time decision tonight.
F Cody McCormick (UBI) and F Drew Stafford are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

01/24: Assigned D Mark Pysyk to Rochester; Recalled D Chad Ruhwedel from Rochester.
01/30: Placed F Drew Stafford on IR; Activated F Matt D'Agostini from IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 2-4-4.
Cody Hodgson has four goals and an assist in his past four games.​
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png
PHOENIX COYOTES
coyotes_logo.svgz

Final Lineup

19 Shane Doan ("C") – 63 Mike Robiero – 18 David Moss
34 Tim Kennedy – 11 Martin Hanzal ("A") – 17 Radim Vrbata
28 Lauri Korpikoski – 50 Antoine Vermette – 89 Mikkel Boedker
12 Paul Bissonnette – 14 Jeff Halpern - 24 Kyle Chipchura
X: 36 Rob Klinkhammer (healthy)

4 Zbynek Michalek – 23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson
3 Keith Yandle ("A") – 53 Derek Morris
5 Connor Murphy – 6 David Schlemko
X: 2 David Rundblad (healthy), 26 Michael Stone (healthy)

1 Thomas Greiss
41 Mike Smith

Lineup News & Notes

Phoenix scratched D David Rundblad, D Michael Stone, and F Tim Kennedy in Tuesday's 3-0 win vs Los Angeles.
The Phoenix Coyotes will become the Arizona Coyotes next season.

Weekly Transactions

01/27: Assigned F Jordan Szwarz to Portland (AHL); Recalled D Connor Murphy from Portland (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Phoenix has gone 4-5-1.
Antoine Vermette is in the midst of a five-game point streak with 6G/2A.​
header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

01/28 – Highlights of Buffalo's 5-4 OT loss vs Washington. <4:50>

01/28 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres' 5-4 overtime loss to the Capitals. <4:49>

01/28 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres' 5-4 overtime loss to the Capitals. <3:05>

01/28 – Highlights of the Coyotes' 3-0 win vs Los Angeles. <4:23>

01/28 – Coach Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's 3-0 win vs. the Kings. <3:34>

01/29 – Coach Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's practice Wednesday at Jobing.com Arena. <7:02>

01/30 – Coach Dave Tippett answers questions after the team's morning skate Thursday at the Ice Den. <7:15>

01/30 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Jobing.com Arena. <3:14>

01/30 – Matt McConnell and Tyson Nash preview tonight's game against the Buffalo Sabres. <3:11>

01/30 – Dan Dunleavy previews Thursday night's game against the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena. <2:55>

01/30 – Phil Varone speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Jobing.com Arena. <2:11>

01/30 – Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Jobing.com Arena. <2:35>

01/30 – Matt D'Agostini speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Jobing.com Arena. <2:56>

01/30 – Teppo Numminen speaks with Sabres.com prior to Thursday night's game against the Coyotes. <0:58>

LAST H2H GAME

12/23/2013 – Phoenix 1 at Buffalo 2.

[NHL]2013020553-X-h[/NHL]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 1h
Tippett confirmed he's going back to Greiss tomorrow against Buffalo. "Greisser was just real solid last night."

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Coyotes are going to stomp us :( Maybe we get a Biz vs Scott brawl to keep it interesting

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I caught a game in Glendale on MLK Day when the 'Yotes played like dog poo. Well, correction, Mike Smith played like dog poo. The 'Yotes dominated the puck must of the night, but Smith couldn't make a save for anything. Playing Greiss decreases our chance of winning this game, so I'm all for the decision.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
come on do we need pre-game talk gdt ? I never caught it was the day before and went looking for the game on the tv....couldnt find it on the analog set, then gf tried finding it on the digital guide....I finally came here , and saw that the game is tomorrow....grrrr.

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
I'm torn. I really really want Omark to play instead of Leino. Omark is good and Leino is the worst NHL-player around. But, on the other hand, I really want this team to draft nr 1 this summer... Exciting offensive creativity vs Tank commander?

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Tallinder needs to play with Myers. Myers is better when he plays with Tallinder, god knows why.

Tallinder can't handle the minutes, but whatever keeps Myers confident.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
come on do we need pre-game talk gdt ? I never caught it was the day before and went looking for the game on the tv....couldnt find it on the analog set, then gf tried finding it on the digital guide....I finally came here , and saw that the game is tomorrow....grrrr.

Interesting given that both the date and time of the game are in the thread title. :dunno:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 1h
Tippett confirmed he's going back to Greiss tomorrow against Buffalo. "Greisser was just real solid last night."
Wait ... Isn't she the redhead chicky who sings "I willllllllll remmmemmmmbuhhh youuuu.... Will youuu rememmbuh meeee?? Aaahhhooouuiiihhhnnneeee aaaaarmssss oooooffff an annnngel.... WHAIRHAV AUL THE COWBOYZZZZ GOOOONNEE, cuz I DOANWANNAWAIT - FURRARR LIIIIVES TO BE OHAHHHHVUHHHH"

????

Or izzat a different Sarah McClellan ? Not exactly a common name, tho. Maybe since she was only a four hit wonder with the above and all... Kid nailed her entire career discography in one lyric. Props2buddy kthxpzout.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wait ... Isn't she the redhead chicky who sings "I willllllllll remmmemmmmbuhhh youuuu.... Will youuu rememmbuh meeee?? Aaahhhooouuiiihhhnnneeee aaaaarmssss oooooffff an annnngel.... WHAIRHAV AUL THE COWBOYZZZZ GOOOONNEE, cuz I DOANWANNAWAIT - FURRARR LIIIIVES TO BE OHAHHHHVUHHHH"

????

Or izzat a different Sarah McClellan ? Not exactly a common name, tho. Maybe since she was only a four hit wonder with the above and all... Kid nailed her entire career discography in one lyric. Props2buddy kthxpzout.

1) Sarah McLachlan

2) Pretty sure the last two songs are Paula Cole

:laugh:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

15 forwards skating including Stafford and D'Agostini. McCormick in red. Six defensemen (Ehrhoff not skating). Miller & Enroth present. -CR

@BuffaloSabres

Expect Ryan Miller in goal tonight for the #Sabres. -CR

‏@BuffaloSabres

Matt D'Agostini says he's ready to go. He's missed the past six games with an upper-body injury. -CR

@BuffaloSabres

Omark, Scott, McCormick, Stafford doing some extra work with the #Sabres assistant coaches after AM skate.

Last edited:

Nacho

Special
Aug 8, 2005
@BuffaloSabres

15 forwards skating including Stafford and D'Agostini. McCormick in red. Six defensemen (Ehrhoff not skating). Miller & Enroth present. -CR

@BuffaloSabres

Expect Ryan Miller in goal tonight for the #Sabres. -CR

‏@BuffaloSabres

Matt D'Agostini says he's ready to go. He's missed the past six games with an upper-body injury. -CR

@BuffaloSabres

Omark, Scott, McCormick, Stafford doing some extra work with the #Sabres assistant coaches after AM skate.

So why isnt Omark waived yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad