50 in 50: who does it?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Matthews is the only one who wouldn't shock the world. McDavid could maybe, but unlikely. I don't think anyone else has it in them.
I think other players have it in them but they have to stay healthy as people count team games and there has to be a ton of luck and coaching leeway to allow players to get goals in EN situations, lots of PP TOI and setups to encourage that player as the first option.

But I don't think anyone will do it and even if they do people will make way too much a deal of it.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Matthews could but the last few game have shown the leafs playing a more complete but boring style. Mcdavid and Drais or somebody like Hyman, Skinner, Arvidsson being carried by them. I think Pasta is another guy that could go on a tear and make it seem possible.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Smart bet is Zero against the field.

I'd love to be proven wrong, maybe when the goalies go back to old equipment.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I think Pastrnak or Mathews would be the ones to do it, Mcdavids goal scoring dropped a lot last year

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Matthews is #1 contender.

I guess McDavid and Pasta are kind of dark horses.

That said, doubt anyone does it. Auston already is 0 for 3

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The Leafs will score less this year under Berube so Matthew's is probably a long shot. Still the most likely of any player but I don't see it happening, probably not even close.

And remember, he started off last season with 6 goals in his first 2 games and didn't do it. This year he's got none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad