Post-Game Talk: 50,000th post and 50,000 reasons to love the Oilers

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My 49,999th post was the preGame Day Thread before Game4, the Return of the King Aragorn speech rousing Oiler fans not to give up despite being down 3-0 in the series.

After we won 8-1 that night I decided that my 50,000th post would wait until we came all the way back after the Oilers hoisted the Cup. Alas that was not to be but goddam thats as close as you can come. So I have been biding my time after the heartbreaking soulcrushing loss Monday night, licking my wounds and wiping away my tears, wondering what should be the 50,000th post.

So 50,000 posts in an Oiler forum proves one thing.....that I have no life. That and I really like talking about the Oilers, according to Mrs5, way way too much.

It was a hell of a ride in which we came oh so close to winning this thing, and seeing today the extent of Draisaitl's injury, knowing McDavid has been pretty banged up all year (which I knew they weren't going to disclose as he is so secretive with his health) and that Kane, who was re-signed to be a playoff difference maker, was so injured (why not put on LTIR there Kenny?) that he couldn't dress for most of Series 4, its surprising that they made it past Dallas and Vancouver. Think of what a healthy Oilers might have done. But that is part of the playoffs, where over a 2 month grind health becomes a huge factor.

This summer will see a lot of change. We already know Holland Sr will be gone and probably a few more front office staff and scouts will leave as well as JJ puts his stamp on this organization. Nurse not being at the press avails today tells me a lot. I have been speculating with friends that he is going to ask for a trade as the spotlight on his play has become white hot and that doesn't seem to suit him much. Reading today from Chris Johnson that management won't walk Draisaitl into free agency so if he doesn't sign I expect he might be traded by the time the August long weekend comes around. Henrique probably not returning, Janmark probably going to shop himself. Doubt Foegele comes back. Ceci probably traded to free up cap space. Not sure if Vinny or Packard re-sign, hopefully they do. But it will be an interesting summer.

So after much hand wringing, soul searching, deliberation, text editing, and naval gazing, I decided that this should be my 50,000th post.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy talking Oilers with you sad lot, in particular those many fellow posters too many to name who should be all on their summer release from prison by now.

Have a great summer everyone!

And hey Florida! We will be back!

22957A55-55B8-42D9-A5D5-82E082BB6C89.gif

Last edited:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
My 49,999th post was the preGame Day Thread before Game4, the Return of the King Aragorn speech rousing Oiler fans not to give up despite being down 3-0 in the series.

After we won 8-1 that night I decided that my 50,000th post would wait until we came all the way back after the Oilers hoisted the Cup. Alas that was not to be but goddam thats as close as you can come. So I have been biding my time after the heartbreaking soulcrushing loss Monday night, licking my wounds and wiping away my tears, wondering what should be the 50,000th post.

So 50,000 posts in an Oiler forum proves one thing.....that I have no life. That and I really like talking about the Oilers, according to Mrs5, way way too much.

It was a hell of a ride in which we came oh so close to winning this thing, and seeing today the extent of Draisaitl's injury, knowing McDavid has been pretty banged up all year (which I knew they weren't going to disclose as he is so secretive with his health) and that Kane, who was re-signed to be a playoff difference maker, was so injured (why not put on LTIR there Kenny?) that he couldn't dress for most of Series 4, its surprising that they made it past Dallas and Vancouver. Think of what a healthy Oilers might have done. But that is part of the playoffs, where over a 2 month grind health becomes a huge factor.

This summer will see a lot of change. We already know Holland Sr will be gone and probably a few more front office staff and scouts will leave as well as JJ puts his stamp on this organization. Nurse not being at the press avails today tells me a lot. I have been speculating with friends that he is going to ask for a trade as the spotlight on his play has become white hot and that doesn't seem to suit him much. Reading today from Chris Johnson that management won't walk Draisaitl into free agency so if he doesn't sign I expect he might be traded by the time the August long weekend comes around. Henrique probably not returning, Janmark probably going to shop himself. Doubt Foegele comes back. Ceci probably traded to free up cap space. Not sure if Vinny or Packard re-sign, hopefully they do. But it will be an interesting summer.

So after much hand wringing, soul searching, deliberation, text editing, and naval gazing, I decided that this should be my 50,000th post.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy talking Oilers with you sad lot, in particular those many fellow posters too many to name who should be all on their summer release from prison by now.

View attachment 887711
Congrats on the milestone

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Congrats on 50000! And a worthy post of such a milestone, I enjoyed the read and agree. We had an amazing ride. We believed. We almost got it done. It sucks but it’s time to move forward.

Now that we have this thread, maybe we should treat it like a Post Game for the entire playoff run. Can relive some great moments and bitch/whine/debate some bad moments.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

View attachment 887711
50,000 posts. Well done 5!!

At least 49,998 have been quality contributions…

;)

PS - do you have any finger prints left from typing out all those posts over the years?

All kidding aside, you are an enjoyable contributor. Have a great long weekend.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Congrats on 50000! And a worthy post of such a milestone, I enjoyed the read and agree. We had an amazing ride. We believed. We almost got it done. It sucks but it’s time to move forward.

Now that we have this thread, maybe we should treat it like a Post Game for the entire playoff run. Can relive some great moments and bitch/whine/debate some bad moments.

Thanks ! And that’s what I was kind of thinking too - a post playoff PGT.

Lots of highlights in these playoffs. Beating Vancouver in 7 was nice. Glad to see Edmonton did Dallas. Janmark had a great playoff. Sure enjoyed Skinner’s Redempskin (that doesn’t sound right….). Holloway had some moments. McDavid getting 42 points with a bad core. Bouchards play was great nothwithstanding the first goal in G7. He’s gonna cost us. KK actually coached the team and made adjustments, most which worked well. Hyman with 16(17?) goals! Ekholm was the Viking we all love.

Sure there were negatives but I’m not going to dwell on that too much. We were a shot away and very banged up. We’ll be back.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
50,000 posts. Well done 5!!

At least 49,998 have been quality contributions…

;)

PS - do you have any finger prints left from typing out all those posts over the years?

All kidding aside, you are an enjoyable contributor. Have a great long weekend.

Thx Mr BA.

Speech to text is a wonderful thing but it can’t spell McLoed very well I found.

49,998 posts were digital noise you mean!

35th anniversary this weekend with Mrs5 aka The Boss. Didn’t even think I’d live that long never mind be married to someone crazy enough to say I do.

Enjoy the long weekend as well!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thanks ! And that’s what I was kind of thinking too - a post playoff PGT.

Lots of highlights in these playoffs. Beating Vancouver in 7 was nice. Glad to see Edmonton did Dallas. Janmark had a great playoff. Sure enjoyed Skinner’s Redempskin (that doesn’t sound right….). Holloway had some moments. McDavid getting 42 points with a bad core. Bouchards play was great nothwithstanding the first goal in G7. He’s gonna cost us. KK actually coached the team and made adjustments, most which worked well. Hyman with 16(17?) goals! Ekholm was the Viking we all love.

Sure there were negatives but I’m not going to dwell on that too much. We were a shot away and very banged up. We’ll be back.
Thanks for bringing those up. Brought a smile to my face just thinking about those storylines again and i need that right now. f*** we had a good run. You’re right, we’ll be back.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Thx Mr BA.

Speech to text is a wonderful thing but it can’t spell McLoed very well I found.

49,998 posts were digital noise you mean!

35th anniversary this weekend with Mrs5 aka The Boss. Didn’t even think I’d live that long never mind be married to someone crazy enough to say I do.

Enjoy the long weekend as well!
Congrats to you and Mrs 5 on 35 years of marriage. Wonderful accomplishment.

We are celebrating 34 in October ourselves so can appreciate the effort it takes to make that happen.

To your point on living that long, it’s because you got married that you have lived that long if your spouse is anything like mine, she slowed me down in a positive way, got me healthy and has been my rock the entire time we’ve been together. I wouldn’t have lived this long without her neither (I have a go hard or go home attitude that she tempers/moderates).

The ying to my destructive yang.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

View attachment 887711
Congrats on 50K my brotha from another motha. As always. a great read. Looking forward to 50K more.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

View attachment 887711

So what I gathered from your posts is...

You talk WAY too much. Way more than I do :laugh:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
50 000 posts holy **** that’s crazy man. Always enjoy your content and most times we sit on the same side of things. Keep it up.

Also I was always curious and this seems like the best place to clarify. Is 5min 4 Ftg (foot to groin) :laugh:

It was Foot to Groin at the end of Game 7!

So what I gathered from your posts is...

You talk WAY too much. Way more than I do :laugh:

You are 100% correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad