GDT: #5 Ducks @ Flyers | 4 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I still don't know why gibson didn't use his stick at all on the 2nd goal.

Because Philly had a guy barreling down the center of the ice with Getzlaf in tow. It seemed like Gibson saw that and was hesitate to poke check and get tanked. Somewhat understandable.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
The goal of Perry was great. I mean the complete flow they had on this goal and is patience at the shot. The second line has to show more especially if Kesler wants to be a group leader in the locker room.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Now imagine if we could replace Sorensen with Rakell on that 3d line

I mean the way our 2nd line looks I think we may benefit more if we throw rakell with kesler and silfverberg... the 2nd line needs an offensive boost if they are going to be ouexpected actually 2nd line

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yay for depth scoring.

I thought Vatanen had an incredible game outside of getting walked by Read on his goal. I saw Getzlaf copped a bit of criticism there but he had his mans stick tied up eliminating the passing/rebound option so I fail to see how he was to blame there.

Blueline was solid outside of Stoner and to a lesser extent Bieksa. Outside of the penalties that was some pretty decent hockey.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This is an interesting stat. RPG line did not made a single dump in. Instead, they carried the puck in the zone 12 times.

Garbutt did well in that category as well
That passing lane stat looks interesting as well, but I`m not sure I understand it :laugh: Is that basically where we made passes in the offensive zone?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There are many things to like in the new website, like stats page but the highlights are a mess yeah. I liked that they do the short highlights with commentary, that`s a nice touch

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Nice to see the 2nd periods are still as strong as they've ever been. Although some of those calls made were nothing but utter ********. I hate to be angry so early in the morning, but those refs really had some weak-*** calls. That said, it felt pretty good to get the W after all.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
What are you his uncle? How outlandish for me to think that a guy that just got waived twice in one season, not great in the dot, heavy, or much of a scorer, could be a questionable player on a team that's trying to contend. I'll have to keep that in mind.

What are you his angry ex girlfriend? "not great in the dot"- 55% face-off percentage in the NHL, don't let facts get in the way.

Heavy? He's on every PK the Ducks have had this year and that's a ton, because of his speed.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What are you his uncle? How outlandish for me to think that a guy that just got waived twice in one season, not great in the dot, heavy, or much of a scorer, could be a questionable player on a team that's trying to contend. I'll have to keep that in mind.

He's a 4th line energy guy, contending teams need them too. He's definitely a borderline guy at this point, but your criticisms as to why you dislike him are a bit odd. The last time you criticized him as not much of a hitter in a game where he was the leading hitter, and you're now saying he's no good at faceoffs on a 6 game/18 faceoff sample size - he was 54% in 43 game (274 faceoffs) last year.

He can get pushed off the puck too easily but he delivers more crushing/player over the boards hit than anyone else since Beleskey, I'm not sure it's quite fair to say he doesn't play heavy either, at least not to insinuate he isn't physical at all, which is what that phrase is usually meant to imply.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That goal by Perry is something no one else on the team can do. The patience to hang onto it to improve his shot was world class. The rest of the team would have shot it half a second earlier at least

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
He's a 4th line energy guy, contending teams need them too. He's definitely a borderline guy at this point, but your criticisms as to why you dislike him are a bit odd. The last time you criticized him as not much of a hitter in a game where he was the leading hitter, and you're now saying he's no good at faceoffs on a 6 game/18 faceoff sample size - he was 54% in 43 game (274 faceoffs) last year.

He can get pushed off the puck too easily but he delivers more crushing/player over the boards hit than anyone else since Beleskey, I'm not sure it's quite fair to say he doesn't play heavy either, at least not to insinuate he isn't physical at all, which is what that phrase is usually meant to imply.

The face-off stat is a surprise to me, I was under the impression he was an under 50% guy, maybe because I can't remember Bruce or Randy using him to take any important defensive face-offs. When it comes to 4th line centers I look for guys that can be trusted with the puck and the defensive zone. I haven't felt that way about him in the past, but I'll admit he has looked good the last couple of games and hopefully has turned that corner.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Rakell-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Vermette-Cogliano
Etem-Wagner-Boll

Ideally we need a more skilled wing to put on Vermette's line and one of Etem/Boll needs to be out of the lineup (Garbutt moves down to 4LW). But that top 6 has potential to be very very good. I like the idea of Rakell facilitating Kesler and Silfverberg's goal scoring

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The face-off stat is a surprise to me, I was under the impression he was an under 50% guy, maybe because I can't remember Bruce or Randy using him to take any important defensive face-offs. When it comes to 4th line centers I look for guys that can be trusted with the puck and the defensive zone. I haven't felt that way about him in the past, but I'll admit he has looked good the last couple of games and hopefully has turned that corner.

Hopefully. I also like him better on the wing. Garbutt Thompson Wagner would be an ideal line for us, if Thompson recovers well.

Garbutt Vermette Rakell
Etem Thompson Wagner

Might not be horrible either

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Rakell-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Vermette-Cogliano
Etem-Wagner-Boll

Ideally we need a more skilled wing to put on Vermette's line and one of Etem/Boll needs to be out of the lineup (Garbutt moves down to 4LW). But that top 6 has potential to be very very good. I like the idea of Rakell facilitating Kesler and Silfverberg's goal scoring

That's really not a bad looking lineup. Save for Boll as you mentioned. Hopefully they can bury Boll and Raymond in the minors and we can have something resembling this moving forward. I'm higher on Etem as a serviceable 4th liner than some though, really hope he can figure it out and stick.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Weise is getting a hearing for his hit to the head on Holzer. Watching the replay it'd be a surprise if he doesn't get suspended at least a game for that. He had one thing in mind and that was Holzer's face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA