Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Rakell-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Vermette-Cogliano
Etem-Wagner-Boll

Ideally we need a more skilled wing to put on Vermette's line and one of Etem/Boll needs to be out of the lineup (Garbutt moves down to 4LW). But that top 6 has potential to be very very good. I like the idea of Rakell facilitating Kesler and Silfverberg's goal scoring

I like it for if we need to stack the top 6, but I'd like to see them try a Ritchie-Vermette-Rakell line. If Rakell and Ritchie can click with a defensively responsible center between them that could go a long way for depth scoring which this team needs.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Weise is getting a hearing for his hit to the head on Holzer. Watching the replay it'd be a surprise if he doesn't get suspended at least a game for that. He had one thing in mind and that was Holzer's face

Repeat offender for an illegal hit to the head (3 games for taking out Hall on an illegal hit to the head). It should be a minimum of 5. I suspect he gets 2.

Edit - I will accept zero if we can get Peel suspended from any 5 Ducks games he was scheduled to officiate instead.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Hopefully. I also like him better on the wing. Garbutt Thompson Wagner would be an ideal line for us, if Thompson recovers well.

Garbutt Vermette Rakell
Etem Thompson Wagner

Might not be horrible either

I like that 3rd line, I really want to see Garbutt given more minutes. I also like Wagner on the wing better, id be good with that as our bottom 6.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Repeat offender for an illegal hit to the head (3 games for taking out Hall on an illegal hit to the head). It should be a minimum of 5. I suspect he gets 2.

Edit - I will accept zero if we can get Peel suspended from any 5 Ducks games he was scheduled to officiate instead.

he just got three games...

Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli
#Flyers' Dale Weise suspended three games for last night's check to the head. He is third #Flyers player suspended this season.

the ref was right there when it happened. i missed this part of the game, was there a penalty called?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site

the ref was right there when it happened. i missed this part of the game, was there a penalty called?

No, in fact we got a wimpy retaliation penalty called against us. I think Getzlaf tripped Weise with his stick while he was skating away.

Last night's officiating was absurd.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

Frank SeravalliVerified account
‏@frank_seravalli
#Flyers' Dale Weise suspended three games for last night's check to the head. He is third #Flyers player suspended this season.

The answer to your question is: Tim Peel
You can infer whether or not a penalty was called considering who was the senior official wearing the stripes last night ...

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
It was amusing that the Philly board actually thought there was going to be a ton of make up calls for the Ducks in the third period.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

2 games for a headshot with no injury is plenty. 3 games is the same as Barrie got for jumping into Despres' head so hard he still hasn't recovered a year later.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
2 games for a headshot with no injury is plenty. 3 games is the same as Barrie got for jumping into Despres' head so hard he still hasn't recovered a year later.

That probably says more about the response to the Barrie hit.

Also, the unpredictability of concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: