GDT: #5 | Canucks at Flyers | Saturday, October 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM Normal Time | NBCSP

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If Couts is completely shot there is a decent chance of drafting in the top 5 so a silver lining of sorts. The center depth is abysmal and I hope they don’t keep Luchanko around just because of it. Frost would be far and away our best center and ideally he is a middle sixer. The other ones are clear bottom 6 guys. Might be a long season though the Flyers have had a brutal schedule to start

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
This team is worse than last season even with the Michkov addition. The defense is just way worse and they can’t possess the puck at all. The team has no centers and is playing Couturier on 4th line wing.
I’d say they are the same as last year… teams have just figured them out though, if you don’t let them get opportunities on the rush you will shut down their offense. Also they are not getting bailed out by good goaltending like the first 60% of last season. They’re going to be unintentionally really bad this season which is hilarious. I think torts is going to be out by the new year.

Reactions: BernieParent

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Need a MM goal from Brink and them lose 6-1.

Let’s get someone fired.

Is that Coots 4th line thing legit? Just reading back.

Shit man. Part of me wonders who pushed for his captaincy. If that’s how you treat him after, doesn’t make much sense.
Yup. 800th game , home opener, and Dino boy wouldn’t talk to press before game.

Reactions: BiggE

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I’d say they are the same as last year… teams have just figured them out though, if you don’t let them get opportunities on the rush you will shut down their offense. Also they are not getting bailed out by good goaltending like the first 60% of last season. They’re going to be unintentionally really bad this season which is hilarious. I think torts is going to be out by the new year.
They're worse because they're missing Seeler-Walker, a tandem that played pretty damn good hockey for most of last season.

Their transition game is non-existent because they only have two defensemen that can consistently move the puck and they're both on the same pair.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
April 30th of this year :laugh:
Thanks. Reminds me of the G effect. Drove me nuts hearing people shit on him. "Great players elevate the play of their teammates" Ok, sure. But there's a reason we talk about ceilings and floors with pro athletes. Put good players with other good players and oh snap! Good things happen. It's why bringing Michkov over now kinda cracks me up. He'll be setting up Ryan Poehling for prime scoring chances.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
This is to be expected after the hardest training camp in the league. Give them a few weeks to get their legs back and they'll be right there in their rightful place with the top of the East.

1729387222813.png

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
If Couts is completely shot there is a decent chance of drafting in the top 5 so a silver lining of sorts. The center depth is abysmal and I hope they don’t keep Luchanko around just because of it. Frost would be far and away our best center and ideally he is a middle sixer. The other ones are clear bottom 6 guys. Might be a long season though the Flyers have had a brutal schedule to start
I doubt coots is shot, he has always started slow then gets up to speed by like the 10th game of the season. Flyers will tank his value probably lose a first round pick and eat half his contract to get rid of him and he will be a key cog on a Stanley cup winning team as the 3rd line center. It’s so predictable.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
No, they are definitely worse on paper than last year in all aspects, but especially defense and goal

Reactions: BiggE

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt coots is shot, he has always started slow then gets up to speed by like the 10th game of the season. Flyers will tank his value probably lose a first round pick and eat half his contract to get rid of him and he will be a key cog on a Stanley cup winning team as the 3rd line center. It’s so predictable.

I would happily sacrifice the Oilers #1 this year to grant Couts the blessed release he so deserves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad