GDT: #5 | Canucks at Flyers | Saturday, October 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM Normal Time | NBCSP

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
My thoughts on Couts starting at 4LW on opening night: Sean Couturier has more “Flyer” in his little finger than John Tortorella has in his entire body and yet he’s allowed to continue the career long tradition of the Flyers shi][ing on him. It’s a lack of character in the front office and that is what has been missing since Snider died.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Luchanko keeps turning in decent xGF stats and I can never describe anything he's done to facilitate that

3 games isn't worth evaluating. I don't know how much the winger quality factors in. But it makes sense to me long-term based on how I see his skill-set. He's quick to loose pucks/pressuring with his feet, makes good route choices, and is a decisive passer. It's a recipe for keeping or getting possession. Now, xGF involves scoring chances too, and I don't think he's terribly involved there. Youngest player in league and all, but I didn't find his raw skill above a 45-50 grade in the OHL. I think that is what it is.

Get Tippett away from me

8 years.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My thoughts on Couts starting at 4LW on opening night: Sean Couturier has more “Flyer” in his little finger than John Tortorella has in his entire body and yet he’s allowed to continue the career long tradition of the Flyers shi][ing on him. It’s a lack of character in the front office and that is what has been missing since Snider died.

Being shat on by upper management despite being everything this team is supposed to represent is the goddamned definition of "Being a f***ing Flyer." From Roger Neilson's cancer, to Eric Lindros's collapsed lung, to trading Darryl Sittler right after telling him he was going to be named captain, this team's core philosophy is f***ing over people who bleed orange and black.

omgimdiene

Oct 16, 2024
Been a Flyers fan for 40+ years. Hate to say it, but this team ain’t it. They are young, fast, and shifty, but you can just tell they don’t have as much skill as most other teams. They still need huge overhaul. 85% of their roster is still comprised of 3rd and 4th liners on many other teams.

I’m so tired of losing and mediocrity. When do we get our Pens like era?

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Being shat on by upper management despite being everything this team is supposed to represent is the goddamned definition of "Being a f***ing Flyer." From Roger Neilson's cancer, to Eric Lindros's collapsed lung, to trading Darryl Sittler right after telling him he was going to be named captain, this team's core philosophy is f***ing over people who bleed orange and black.
In order for alumni to keep cashing checks.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Been a Flyers fan for 40+ years. Hate to say it, but this team ain’t it. They are young, fast, and shifty, but you can just tell they don’t have as much skill as most other teams. They still need huge overhaul. 85% of their roster is still comprised of 3rd and 4th liners on many other teams.

I’m so tired of losing and mediocrity. When do we get our Pens like era?
Same timeframe for me. This is definitely one of the lowest times ever and man the future is bleak.

We have the worst management and coaching you could have for where we are.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In order for alumni to keep cashing checks.
Ayup. This team's foundational belief is loyalty to the people best equipped to ingratiate themselves to Bobby Clarke and his friends, whether they truly care about the team or not. And it's not like having Mr. Ed back would help any, he was the prime enabler of that shit. This team doesn't need more outreach to alumni, it needs a gigantic enema to clear all the shit that accreted to the front office over the decades.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Same timeframe for me. This is definitely one of the lowest times ever and man the future is bleak.

We have the worst management and coaching you could have for where we are.
I'm only 32 almost 33, for the first half of my life the team was fun and always very competitive (for the most part) but the 2nd half has been horrendous, and it all starts from bad management

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad