Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
bolts1.jpg

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Swedish hockey fan herehere hates the Bruins. Congrats, that was very clinic, almost like the Red Wings in their hey days where they just closed shop after taking the lead. Good luck and hope Hedman wins the Norris and can take the cup home to Örnskõldsvik where it hasn't been since Peter Forsberg brought it there.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
From the beginning of Game 2, that was a clinic.

I'm still kind of in shock.

Ditto. It's like "Tampa" and "defense" and do what?

I thought someone spiked my beer with something illegal.o_O

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Swedish hockey fan herehere hates the Bruins. Congrats, that was very clinic, almost like the Red Wings in their hey days where they just closed shop after taking the lead. Good luck and hope Hedman wins the Norris and can take the cup home to Örnskõldsvik where it hasn't been since Peter Forsberg brought it there.

Oh man, that would be awesome to see. Seriously.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
After missing the playoffs last year, is it fair to assume this year wasn't "cup or bust"? I think if we lose the ECF in a competitive series, I'm gonna consider the year a success. You guys?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
After missing the playoffs last year, is it fair to assume this year wasn't "cup or bust"? I think if we lose the ECF in a competitive series, I'm gonna consider the year a success. You guys?

I think this core should be knocking every year. Last year we lost Stamkos, had several key injuries and traded guys that had been around for a bit and still managed to miss it by only a single point. I think we probably do a little damage if we make it last year but I think our expectation should be based off of 2015, 2016 and what this team looks like. We have a lot of threats on this team, a few captains, big names, 1st in the Atlantic, top team nearly all 82 games, etc. We breezed through to get here in 10 games. I think it's been good but at some point Stamkos and Hedman need to lead this team to a cup. We are set up to constantly lose 1-2 guys every couple years and replace with more talent. Maybe if we don't make the McDonagh trade and Cirelli comes in I'd be happy, but this really is cup or bust. It's a great achievement to be here again of course for these guys, but at some point you have to get it done. I think we match up well against either of the next potential opponents. Without being arrogant, I think we can make it to the finals - and with this group, we should. Biggest test will be against Vegas/Nashville/Winnipeg.

8 wins away. Unreal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think this core should be knocking every year. Last year we lost Stamkos, had several key injuries and traded guys that had been around for a bit and still managed to miss it by only a single point. I think we probably do a little damage if we make it last year but I think our expectation should be based off of 2015, 2016 and what this team looks like. We have a lot of threats on this team, a few captains, big names, 1st in the Atlantic, top team nearly all 82 games, etc. We breezed through to get here in 10 games. I think it's been good but at some point Stamkos and Hedman need to lead this team to a cup. We are set up to constantly lose 1-2 guys every couple years and replace with more talent. Maybe if we don't make the McDonagh trade and Cirelli comes in I'd be happy, but this really is cup or bust. It's a great achievement to be here again of course for these guys, but at some point you have to get it done. I think we match up well against either of the next potential opponents. Without being arrogant, I think we can make it to the finals - and with this group, we should. Biggest test will be against Vegas/Nashville/Winnipeg.

8 wins away. Unreal.

Yeah. I just feel like, as a fan, I'm gonna remember this season as a good one. Regardless what happens.

And I mean, somebody in the mainboard thread had a great line about TB being the Benjamin Button of the NHL: We keep getting younger and our window keeps getting longer.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I don't think it was "Cup or bust" going in but after New Years we realized we had a team good enough to do it and was somehow even better than the last 3 years. If we do not win a Cup I won't consider it a success because of it. At the same time I feel like it could be an indictment on Cooper. No mistake he's done well but I have to imagine that next year would be his last chance to get it done. Eventually you have to break through and win the big one. Not unless Yzerman is willing to still be patient. If you want to consider the previous summer's revamp to have been the closing of an original championship window then our 2nd window remains open til next year. We might have to make some tweaks again. But all together I cannot imagine Cooper surviving without a championship after next season.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I think this series win will overrate the Lightening. I think they're going to have trouble scoring next round. I don't see Stamkos and Kuch as big game players against the best. And you need your best players to be your best players to win the Cup

I am just glad we punked the Bruins so hard.

Schadenfreude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad