GDT: 5/22/21 - 12:30PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 4]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Florida has 6 PP to our 1 PP.. but yeah the refs are totally biased in Tampas favor

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
how can you fix a problem if you don’t draw attention to the fact that there is a problem??
It'd take league wide lobbying to get that crap fixed. We know that if a single player/coach goes after referees they'll just get fined and no one ever hears from it again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
God I would LOVE Cooper to go OFF on these guys in the presser after but we all know he will take the “high road.”

how can you fix a problem if you don’t draw attention to the fact that there is a problem??

Well, to be fair, the last time he went off on reffing, the next game we got squashed by penalties and the commentators openly wondered if it was because of Cooper.

Reactions: Hoek

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
It'd take league wide lobbying to get that crap fixed. We know that if a single player/coach goes after referees they'll just get fined and no one ever hears from it again.

this would be 3 times this year that it’s happened. That a coach has called out shit officiating. 2 in as many days. That would draw attention. More than usual.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nobody in the NHL wanted to say a damn thing back in March when this problem became public and you just knew it was going to rear it's ugly head in the playoffs, & now we're all feeling the flames because of it. You continue to stay silent, it will continue to happen. I plead with those in this game who have a platform and a voice and influence: Speak up, engage in discussion, so we as a league can address this issue and work towards a better product.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Well, to be fair, the last time he went off on reffing, the next game we got squashed by penalties and the commentators openly wondered if it was because of Cooper.

Someone has to take a stand. This shit is ruining this league.

Reactions: berlin

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I understand nobody wants to look like they're blaming the refs for the outcome of the game, but there's a way to go about it where it's not about this team or that team, but collectively everyone as a league.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Four of the Lightning penalty were pure game management bullshit calls. It's like they are not getting the desired result so game managing harder.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It felt like something was about to happen after the Tom Wilson stuff. Teams were more outwardly critical of the league, even team Twitter accounts. We might be closer than we think.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It sucked but we need to shake it off and keep going. Can't let up and let them back in.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I mean come on. I’ve been watching hockey a pretty long time, and I don’t remember a game officiated this badly. Call them out, Coop. Eat the fine. Draw attention to it. It won’t get fixed if we just keep taking it lying down.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Time to refocus for the team, need to try and play the third the way we started the second period. Will be a tough third as we face two opponents.

I just hope there's a veteran ref in the locker room showing the other guys the page on game management where it has the caveat you can't keep on game managing over and over if the other team doesn't score.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’ve followed the Lightning to some degree to some degree since their days in st Pete. But it’s really been since their run in 15 that I REALLY follow the team. And now become a fan of the NHL more globally.

The officiating in this game is straight up making me like the league less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad