GDT: 5/2/21 - 3:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
*lol*, this is to much.

Can we ask not to have these refs in the playoffs at least.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Hey look, officiating showing us how it's the weakest link in a great sport like NHL hockey.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
When would they get to coach it? Compressed schedule and missing 86 and 91. I'd be hesitant to blame coaching if you never get a chance to actually practice and you're missing 2 of the best PP players in the league.
The compressed schedule hasn't helped, neither has the loss of 86 and 91, but there's plenty that could be addressed and changed. The overpassing trying for a highlight reel goal instead of getting pucks on net is becoming a joke.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's too much for ask the officiating crew to know what they're doing working the penalty box door

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Pretty sure all the penalties were up regardless of how you were timing them so wtf refs?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We have way too many glaring weaknesses this close to the playoffs.

Not looking good, folks.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Pretty sure all the penalties were up regardless of how you were timing them so wtf refs?

Well, you couldn't release all three at the same time because that would be too many men. Johnson was being held after his penalty expired because it was still 5v3. He couldn't leave until the next stoppage of play (if it happened 10 seconds or later after play resumed). Since no whistle came, he should've been kept in the box. But if the box official released him, that's not his fault, obviously.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
The compressed schedule hasn't helped, neither has the loss of 86 and 91, but there's plenty that could be addressed and changed. The overpassing trying for a highlight reel goal instead of getting pucks on net is becoming a joke.
This is easy to type and much harder to implement in reality. It's some armchair QB action to sit here and say, "SHOOT" when you are missing two world class shooters and you've replaced them with a complimentary player like Palat and a NON-shooting side AHL rookie. The threats that make our PP decent normally just aren't there and the other team's know this too.

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg
Two ridiculous games in a row.
What is with us and Detroit?
I don't mind losing a well-played game, but this is nonsense.
*My mother made my former hockey coach dad leave the room, and I am in trouble for cursing so much. HA

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If you guys score on the empty net here, can we give you credit on one of the goals yesterday and take back our two points?

Reactions: Joanna

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
This is easy to type and much harder to implement in reality. It's some armchair QB action to sit here and say, "SHOOT" when you are missing two world class shooters and you've replaced them with a complimentary player like Palat and a NON-shooting side AHL rookie. The threats that make our PP decent normally just aren't there and the other team's know this too.
the wings don't seem to have any trouble shooting without 2 world class snipers. Not sure it's arm chair QB'ing asking players to shoot. Obviously overpassing isn't working, so maybe try something different? It's not even something that needs coaching honestly.

Reactions: Joanna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad