Post-Game Talk: 5-1

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
one of those games where multiple mistakes put you behind the 8 ball. we started out with decent energy but to their credit, the wild played a better game. they never made that 2nd big mistake that let us off the mat.

nice run they're on - closing in on most minutes without trailing to start a season. may have eclipsed the Bs team from early 70s by now.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
one of those games where multiple mistakes put you behind the 8 ball. we started out with decent energy but to their credit, the wild played a better game. they never made that 2nd big mistake that let us off the mat.

nice run they're on - closing in on most minutes without trailing to start a season. may have eclipsed the Bs team from early 70s by now.

The Panthers went into the second period down 2-0, despite having really played a better first than Minnesota. Bob simply gave up too many bad goals. Not sure what else you can do when your goalie gives up more than 3 over expected vs a team that plays boring shithouse hockey.

Reactions: Great8Cam

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
The Panthers went into the second period down 2-0, despite having really played a better first than Minnesota. Bob simply gave up too many bad goals. Not sure what else you can do when your goalie gives up more than 3 over expected vs a team that plays boring shithouse hockey.

that one is not on bob. two goals were deflected right in front, one was a 1T blast off a pass from below the goal line. at that point, it's 0-3. fourth goal was a comedy of defensive errors. i'll be honest, i stopped watching and missed the 5th but this isn't on bob. if you want a whipping boy, which maurice will tell you is counterproductive, it should be mikkola.

and expected goals is an imperfect model at best. we lost because mikkola made several bad plays in the first and we couldn't raise our game in the 2nd.

EDIT: AND the wild played a clean game. there were no self-inflicted wounds. we didn't work hard enough or smart enough to force errors.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If you think goaltending doesn't deserve a big share of the blame for tonight's 5-1 blowout loss, I don't know what to tell ya. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: Great8Cam

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Bob posted a .688 SV%

he was shit
H owes us two games where we shouldn’t win due to hm playing like absolute shit tonight. WAKE THE FCUK UP BOB!!!

Swaggy got married, stopped scoring, the reverse dad. Need to get the wife pregnant to see if he wakes up and goes full dad beast mode.
Scratch him next game to show him that you just got a nice raise and you are not earning it d bag

• Haha
Reactions: pantherbot

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Way to be the multi-year contact getting head coach of the goalie coach of the goalie who sucked big.

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Maurice looking like a clueless idiot for not pulling Swiss cheese after 2 goals and definitely for not pulling him after 3. You look like a rec coach dumbass. Another guy joining 23 in the I don’t care I just got a new contract

What will it finally take to move Luongo into the goalie coaching position after ditching the shitbag Tallas?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad