OT: 4th Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League (IN TURMOIL)

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I "installed" it by selecting those rules after you guys voted for them LOL. I didn't put it forward as some proposal and people said yea sure we'll go with that, it was a multiple choice survey where you could vote on every single statistical category and I just selected the settings people voted for. You were one of the voters, and you said that that nobody voted for these score settings and I just chose it myself and people went along with it
Reality is not cut and dry. We absolutely did vote for everything, but human nature sometimes is to just go with the flow. I think you tried to do the right thing. I also think this trade is interesting because from a fantasy perspective, it isn't nuts but the optics are just terrible. So the vetoing of the trade is more of a principle thing because it involves McDavid. Right or wrong!

I draft 1OA in my other league and McDavid has done f all for me, and fantasy is a long year so sometimes you need that early boost that McDavid isn't giving you. It's not a sure shot bad trade or a sure shot good trade. What it does make for is funny drama.

Reactions: Ail

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
The whole "only veto if it's collusion" thing is wrong, IMO.

Ed provided a perfect example of that a couple years ago. There was that guy who was basically completely inactive that agreed to an incredibly lopsided trade with Ed where Ed was getting like 200% value. I don't think there was any "collusion" there, I think it was just a trade where one guy didn't give a shit and said "whatever" and agreed to a pure garbage trade.

The outrage from that was so immediate and swift we didn't even have to veto it, IIRC, as I think Commissioner Ed canceled it directly. Now this McDavid trade was not on the level of that trade, but it's the same concept. There are times when trades are just unfair and upset the competitive balance of the league that have nothing to do with collusion.

This league has approved other lopsided trades, too, for what it's worth. So it's not like the veto is being weaponized here.
Well that would fall under that umbrella as it's somebody who clearly doesn't care about their team and is throwing in the towel. Do you think that's what Loki was doing here? Was he throwing in the towel 2 weeks into the season? Do people just think Loki is an idiot? Frankly I think it's insulting to him to even vote to veto this trade.

Have you looked into how people do this? Please, google "What is veto for in fantasy reddit" "When is veto justified in fantasy" and read. It's the absolute consensus that it is only for obvious collusion, someone throwing their team away, taking advantage of a clueless new GM.

NOT a trade with a fair trade rating of 98%, where it actually slightly favored the Tkachuk side; IN GENERAL POINTS LEAGUES; not our more heavily weighted banger league; where Tkachuk Skjei outscored McDavid Miller last season.

If you ignored the names, just presented the objective points here that these players have put up this season, last season, season before; Nobody would even remotely consider voting to veto, people are voting with emotion attached to the name McDavid.

Loki made a post that he was open to big trades as he needs to shake things up, I think people didn't expect him to be willing to trade McDavid and they have fomo. Boris kinda acknowledged as such saying that he'll give him a real proposal for McDavid.

Reactions: Ail and haveandare

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Well that would fall under that umbrella as it's somebody who clearly doesn't care about their team and is throwing in the towel. Do you think that's what Loki was doing here? Was he throwing in the towel 2 weeks into the season? Do people just think Loki is an idiot? Frankly I think it's insulting to him to even vote to veto this trade.

Have you looked into how people do this? Please, google "What is veto for in fantasy reddit" "When is veto justified in fantasy" and read. It's the absolute consensus that it is only for obvious collusion, someone throwing their team away, taking advantage of a clueless new GM.

NOT a trade with a fair trade rating of 98%, where it actually slightly favored the Tkachuk side; IN GENERAL POINTS LEAGUES; not our more heavily weighted banger league; where Tkachuk Skjei outscored McDavid Miller last season.

If you ignored the names, just presented the objective points here that these players have put up this season, last season, season before; Nobody would even remotely consider voting to veto, people are voting with emotion attached to the name McDavid.

Loki made a post that he was open to big trades as he needs to shake things up, I think people didn't expect him to be willing to trade McDavid and they have fomo. Boris kinda acknowledged as such saying that he'll give him a real proposal for McDavid.
I admit the 2 players were closer in points than I realized, however McJesus had a "down" year last season & also missed 6 games. Regardless, it's still my contention Loki sold him too cheap & I would still vote against the trade. I've stated my reasons about the veto issue, & most of us unpaid, unbiased responders in this thread disagree with your internet search examples.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I admit the 2 players were closer in points than I realized, however McJesus had a "down" year last season & also missed 6 games. Regardless, it's still my contention Loki sold him too cheap & I would still vote against the trade. I've stated my reasons about the veto issue, & most of us unpaid, unbiased responders in this thread disagree with your internet search examples.
The 2nd most points of your career is a down year?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Ed, I was the first person to come in here and say that based on our scoring, the guys you were sending out were more valuable than McDavid and Miller. I don't think this trade was completely ridiculous. My post that you're quoting also said this trade wasn't on the level of that other absurd trade. I don't know what else you want me to say about it.

My point is that there are reasons to veto a trade beyond two players colluding. You can disagree, that's fine.

Hopefully everyone can move on. The deal was consummated in the end with the only "penalty" being that you had to burn two adds for the week.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Compared to the year before it was, especially with goals weighted so heavily.
They aren't weighed that heavily, but so we are going to veto a trade of a top 5 player in fantasy & a very good dman, for a top 5 player in fantasy & a shitty dman. I wonder what trade will go through, I'll certainly be veto'ing if McDavid is traded for multiple superstars. This is the rare time McDavid is traded in an actual fair trade.

Post your votes then.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ed, I was the first person to come in here and say that based on our scoring, the guys you were sending out were more valuable than McDavid and Miller. I don't think this trade was completely ridiculous. My post that you're quoting also said this trade wasn't on the level of that other absurd trade. I don't know what else you want me to say about it.

My point is that there are reasons to veto a trade beyond two players colluding. You can disagree, that's fine.

Hopefully everyone can move on. The deal was consummated in the end with the only "penalty" being that you had to burn two adds for the week.
I was responding to "Now this McDavid trade was not on the level of that trade, but it's the same concept. There are times when trades are just unfair and upset the competitive balance of the league that have nothing to do with collusion." I don't get why you're calling it the same concept of trade as lopsided one of a guy dumping his team, when you yourself have said that it is a fair trade in this league.

Vetos aren't to police winners & losers of trades, they are to police people up to shenanigans.

Do you think Loki made this trade with the intention of improving his team?

Do you think Ed make this trade with the intention of improving his team?

If the answer to both is yes and you don't see any rational justification for this.

I don't think we can move on, as Boris Zubov; and idk who else still seem to think it should be veto'd. Loki hasn't been around so in order for this trade to either be blocked or go through before tomorrow's games start (none of these players play today thankfully) we need to vote here. I couldn't recreate a trade that has people vote on Yahoo, I could only do it by the adding/dropping method.

Vote Yes or No for allowing the trade

Reactions: haveandare

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I was responding to "Now this McDavid trade was not on the level of that trade, but it's the same concept. There are times when trades are just unfair and upset the competitive balance of the league that have nothing to do with collusion." I don't get why you're calling it the same concept of trade as lopsided one of a guy dumping his team, when you yourself have said that it is a fair trade in this league.

Vetos aren't to police winners & losers of trades, they are to police people up to shenanigans.

If the answer to both is yes and you don't see any rational justification for this.

I don't think we can move on, as Boris Zubov; and idk who else still seem to think it should be veto'd. Loki hasn't been around so in order for this trade to either be blocked or go through before tomorrow's games start (none of these players play today thankfully) we need to vote here. I couldn't recreate a trade that has people vote on Yahoo, I could only do it by the adding/dropping method.

Just because I would vote against the trade doesn't mean we can't move forward. I'm only one person & unlike you I'm not threatening to quit or give my team to @Tob .

I don't agree with how you got your way or the fact that you & your main boards buddies feel like voting on trades is somehow an afront to fantasy hockey, but again this is all supposed to be fun.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

Yes

It doesn't matter if the original veto was warranted or not; it is perfectly fine in my book if it was veto'ed due to gamesmanship or troll-erly . However, at this point, I would vote yes for the popcorn aspect.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I haven't seen anyone threaten to quit, other than you.

Are you quitting? If not, great, we can all move on.

If you want to stick around but continue to bitch about this, that's fine, too. I'll just have to opt out of this thread, which would be f***ing dumb but whatever.

Reactions: Boris Zubov and Ail

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Just because I would vote against the trade doesn't mean we can't move forward. I'm only one person & unlike you I'm not threatening to quit or give my team to @Tob .

I don't agree with how you got your way or the fact that you & your main boards buddies feel like voting on trades is somehow an afront to fantasy hockey, but again this is all supposed to be fun.
Well we can’t just move forward until we come to a resolution. I won’t actually give my team to @Tob , if you think I overreacted you wouldn’t want to see what Tob would do. If he got screwed out of a McDavid trade he would probably find him and break his ankle. He lives in Edmonton and is an unhinged man.

McMullet is trolling, and they do not get any votes obviously lol. Only people in the league can vote.

• Haha

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Agreed. I know I'm not a GM but this thread is my favorite soap opera. I'm both a Commish (all of my leagues except the NFL have no waivers) and platinum rated in all 4 sports. Vetos are used to prevent unbalanced trades. If the league didn't veto this trade, it's their fault, not Ed's. There's nothing else to say about it. @EdJovanovski I joke with you sometimes but I like you.
We are the hottest thing on the block outside of GDTs!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

This is a good point. I apologize Loki, you aren't stupid we were just trying to protect you from Predatory Ed, prEDatory.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I haven't seen anyone threaten to quit, other than you.

Are you quitting? If not, great, we can all move on.

If you want to stick around but continue to bitch about this, that's fine, too. I'll just have to opt out of this thread, which would be f***ing dumb but whatever.
Well I didn’t see anyone else’s fair trade get veto’d lol. And I happen to be the one responsible for all of the commish duties, setting up google docs finding the perfect dates & times for drafts, for rule changes people want. I don’t feel like that putting in that effort into a league that is operating in a way that allows people to overturn reasonably fair trades made in good faith just because they don’t like them or think they could’ve made a better offer. I’d rather be in a league that runs like most the other leagues do where vetos are reserved for foul play.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well we can’t just move forward until we come to a resolution. I won’t actually give my team to @Tob , if you think I overreacted you wouldn’t want to see what Tob would do. If he got screwed out of a McDavid trade he would probably find him and break his ankle. He lives in Edmonton and is an unhinged man.

McMullet is trolling, and they do not get any votes obviously lol. Only people in the league can vote.
I don't think you should give your team to Tob and would like you to continue on.

A majority of the league hasn't even participated in this thread so I think if those of us that are here are good, we should all agree we're good, and get back to it.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I was obviously kidding about your pals from the main boards...take a deep breath. No reason we can't have a laugh.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad