OT: 4th Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League (IN TURMOIL)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
As someone whos been running GM games & fantasy on the main boards for years, Ed is in the right here. That's not what vetos are meant to be used for(they’re used to prevent collusion), and even if it were this trade is even for a bangers league from what Ed has posted.

You guys chose a wacky scoring system but Brady = McDavid. McDavid being a bigger name doesn’t score him extra points in this format.

The outrage should be redirected toward a mirror because you guys voted for this scoring system.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
As someone whos been running GM games & fantasy on the main boards for years, Ed is in the right here. That's not what vetos are meant to be used for(they’re used to prevent collusion), and even if it were this trade is even for a bangers league from what Ed has posted.

You guys chose a wacky scoring system but Brady = McDavid. McDavid being a bigger name doesn’t score him extra points in this format.

The outrage should be redirected toward a mirror because you guys voted for this scoring system.
All I'm reading is Ed f***ed us.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
@EdJovanovski Ever throw a fit at a pawn shop when they won’t accept to buy your brand new Yeezy slippers even when you offer it to them at a discount? Are you stupid? These are genuine Yeezys, you can easily get two grand for these and I’m pawning it for $1,100, do you even know how turning a profit works? This is the worst pawn shop I’ve ever been in

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I have NO idea who you are, but nobody voted for this scoring system. Ed instituted it & we went along with it. You are right, however, & it's a bigger issue that our re-tard scoring system allows Brady Sloth to be on a similar level as McJesus.

Your opinion on vetoes means nothing to me honestly. As it was already said, what's the point if we can't balk at a lopsided deal?

Rempe needed to be rosterable
Ed drafted him, dropped him & picked up again...in a short span of 2 weeks! LOL!

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

By the way, it just dawned on me that Ed probably recruited you to join this thread & back him up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The whole "only veto if it's collusion" thing is wrong, IMO.

Ed provided a perfect example of that a couple years ago. There was that guy who was basically completely inactive that agreed to an incredibly lopsided trade with Ed where Ed was getting like 200% value. I don't think there was any "collusion" there, I think it was just a trade where one guy didn't give a shit and said "whatever" and agreed to a pure garbage trade.

The outrage from that was so immediate and swift we didn't even have to veto it, IIRC, as I think Commissioner Ed canceled it directly. Now this McDavid trade was not on the level of that trade, but it's the same concept. There are times when trades are just unfair and upset the competitive balance of the league that have nothing to do with collusion.

This league has approved other lopsided trades, too, for what it's worth. So it's not like the veto is being weaponized here.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ben Grimm

Take my wife ... please 🎸
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The whole "only veto if it's collusion" thing is wrong, IMO. ... There are times when trades are just unfair and upset the competitive balance of the league that have nothing to do with collusion. This league has approved other lopsided trades, too, for what it's worth. So it's not like the veto is being weaponized here.
Agreed. I know I'm not a GM but this thread is my favorite soap opera. I'm both a Commish (all of my leagues except the NFL have no waivers) and platinum rated in all 4 sports. Vetos are used to prevent unbalanced trades. If the league didn't veto this trade, it's their fault, not Ed's. There's nothing else to say about it. @EdJovanovski I joke with you sometimes but I like you.

Reactions: nyr2k2

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have NO idea who you are, but nobody voted for this scoring system. Ed instituted it & we went along with it. You are right, however, & it's a bigger issue that our re-tard scoring system allows Brady Sloth to be on a similar level as McJesus.

Your opinion on vetoes means nothing to me honestly. As it was already said, what's the point if we can't balk at a lopsided deal?

Ed drafted him, dropped him & picked up again...in a short span of 2 weeks! LOL!
Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 3.34.18 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's the system you installed, but I stand corrected we all went along willingly.
I "installed" it by selecting those rules after you guys voted for them LOL. I didn't put it forward as some proposal and people said yea sure we'll go with that, it was a multiple choice survey where you could vote on every single statistical category and I just selected the settings people voted for. You were one of the voters, and you said that that nobody voted for these score settings and I just chose it myself and people went along with it

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I "installed" it by selecting those rules after you guys voted for them LOL. I didn't put it forward as some proposal and people said yea sure we'll go with that, it was a multiple choice survey where you could vote on every single statistical category and I just selected the settings people voted for. You were one of the voters, and you said that that nobody voted for these score settings and I just chose it myself and people went along with it
I admitted we all went along willingly. However, I edited my reply above to add I wanted to switch to categories 2 years ago....

You're really butt hurt over this whole thing eh? I shudder to think of how you'd react if there was money on the table!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad