Post-Game Talk: #46 Rangers @ Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Championship*

The playoffs are unpredictable, upsets happen every year. You guys talking about dragon eggs and whatnot doesn't prove anything.

Go ask Penguins fans if they want to play us.

Penguins have beaten us 8 times in their last 9 tries, why wouldn't they want to play us. I'm sure they were shaking in their boots last night watching us lose to the worst team in the league.

The "Dragon egg" comment proves our point. the playoffs are "unpredictable" only to an extent.

Christ the worst thing to happen to this sport was an 8th seed winning, an aberration.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Penguins have beaten us 8 times in their last 9 tries, why wouldn't they want to play us. I'm sure they were shaking in their boots last night watching us lose to the worst team in the league.

The "Dragon egg" comment proves our point. the playoffs are "unpredictable" only to an extent.

Christ the worst thing to happen to this sport was an 8th seed winning, an aberration.

Yes. The worst thing to happen to the major sport with the most parity and balance is the lowest rank team in the playoffs going on a storybook miracle run to the finals and beating the Devil for a championship. How dare they defy the odds and prove that anything can happen in the playoffs.

Seriously?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Come on guys!!! We lost a game due to sheer bad luck. We outshot the Panthers in both games we lost against them, and sometimes you lose these.

These losses are not the ones that caused us to be in 8th spot. No! That is due to the losses against Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and Toronto, where we showed a great lack of discipline and effort.

Championship*

Yes. The worst thing to happen to the major sport with the most parity and balance is the lowest rank team in the playoffs going on a storybook miracle run to the finals and beating the Devil for a championship. How dare they defy the odds and prove that anything can happen in the playoffs.

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. People's expectations are already unrealistic enough as it is.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Seriously?

Anything that allows anybody to enjoy the team to any extent whatsoever is awful. The only proper reaction is to whine and moan constantly about anything and everything.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

For the same reasons none of their fans want to play us?

More like the worst thing to happen to your argument. :shakehead

Championship*

I say they've beaten us confidently 8 times in their last 9. I say they just saw us lose to a team not even on the same planet as the peguins.

How is that the "same reason none of their fans want to play us?"

I'm not really sure "their fans don't want to play us" is an accurate measurement either

Sorry

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Anything that allows anybody to enjoy the team to any extent whatsoever is awful. The only proper reaction is to whine and moan constantly about anything and everything.

But these people are "realists". :biglaugh: As if calling yourself a realist makes it so.

I've gotten all my irrational feelings towards this game out of my system and I'm over it. Yeah it sucks that we couldn't clinch last night against the worst team in the east. Life goes on. Come out hard against Carolina, play like it's a game 7 and then have a less stressful game against a divisional rival who is looking for revenge on Saturday.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Seriously?

You're right.

The correct statement should actually be, "How dare anyone use that anomaly as a measuring stick for future 8th seeds and to defend teams who are mediocre whilst filling their naive minds with hope."

Anything can happen!

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
LA wasn't an average 8 seeded team. They had injuries and an underachieving roster for a huge chunk of the season, and their season also turned around when they made a coaching change.

I think the Rangers' roster is good enough to compete. The players need to play at the level they're capable of, simple as that. I also don't think Tortorella is the coach that'll take this team to the next level, but that's for another thread.

Getting Staal back won't hurt, either.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They sure do. Just like in March Madness there were a handful of quality upsets. Too bad the best team in the tournament ended up winning the whole thing.

Maybe, the Rangers can claw their way to the ECSF, or even ECF. But a great team is going to win the Cup, and this is not a great team. They are a good team.

NCAA tournament is a really poor comparison to the NHL. Not going to write much more but the difference in the quality between the top teams/bottom in that and the top teams/bottom seeds in the nhl is vastly different.

Kershaw

If ya'll dont want to play the pens then **** you!

Its them or no PO ... lets do it like Bayern, kick the **** out of the favorites

LOL!

Bayern absolutely destroyed their league. Sure Barca fell apart, but they (Bayern) were probably the 2nd best team in UEFA.

Rangers are like Liverpool.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

No, he's correct. An 8th seed winning the Cup was the absolute worst thing to happen to the fan-base of a team stuck in perpetual mediocrity and generally seeding 6th-8th year after year after year.

Now we will forever hear about LA's Cup as if it were the rule not the exception until the Rangers either do win a Cup as an 8th seed, or win a Cup how it is more likely to happen, by being in the top 4 of your conference come playoff time.

I can't wait. :help:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
But these people are "realists". :biglaugh: As if calling yourself a realist makes it so.

I've gotten all my irrational feelings towards this game out of my system and I'm over it. Yeah it sucks that we couldn't clinch last night against the worst team in the east. Life goes on. Come out hard against Carolina, play like it's a game 7 and then have a less stressful game against a divisional rival who is looking for revenge on Saturday.

If you are are being realistic about the expectations of this team going in to the playoffs rather than idealistically believing they will win the Cup as an 8th seed, then yes, that would be the definition of a realist and accurate in calling ourselves that. :dunce:

It's okay to accept that your favorite sports team is what it is and not try to sugar coat everything to prove your ultimate fandom, and contrary to popular belief around here you can actually like a sport, and a team without liking everything they do or don't do.

The holier than thou attitude around here from the super fans is comical.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
LOL!

Bayern absolutely destroyed their league. Sure Barca fell apart, but they (Bayern) were probably the 2nd best team in UEFA.

Rangers are like Liverpool.

Ok I accept that to some extent, but don't give up! What the **** is this!?!?

It's like everybody is just sick and tired of it ... but maybe its me, I've a gurl now :naughty: so maybe it is just me who isnt ****ing pissed at the team

Kershaw

Ok I accept that to some extent, but don't give up! What the **** is this!?!?

It's like everybody is just sick and tired of it ... but maybe its me, I've a gurl now :naughty: so maybe it is just me who isnt ****ing pissed at the team

It's because I've seen the same story for many years as a fan and nothing changed. Why should I believe it will change magically now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad