Prospect Info: 42OA: Andrew Gibson

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
whole lot of 2nd rounders getting thrown around for no reason lately then

hell of a coincidence

All hell of a coincidence, than under a week ago we discussed in here, how Red Wings prospect system has too many defencemen for future core to fit in and is lacking young forwards.

And then this kind of trade will happen.

Let the damn GM build.

Reactions: RabidBadger

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
All hell of a coincidence, than under a week ago we discussed in here, how Red Wings prospect system has too many defencemen for future core to fit in and is lacking young forwards.

Let the damn GM build.

I don't really give a shit about GIbson one way or another(nothing against him but I can't bring myself to care very much about what I view as like the 5th best Defensive prospect on the team or something)

but pretending a 2nd round pick isn't a big part of the return when trading a guy that was just drafted in the 2nd round a year ago is just delusional

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

Let the damn GM build.
Why then we continued to draft D last year when there were still good forwards available? We already had Edvinsson, couple of Johansons, Wallinder, ASP. Each of these is at least on par with Gibson and we still drafted him.

Something tells me this year we will continue drafting D. Like you know, Jiricek is there, and he will definitely fill someone's net with the pucks... Maybe.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Best of luck in Nashville kid. Right handed players who can defend will never go out of style.

The defensemen we took last year really have nothing to do with the guys in GR at the moment ready to break into the league. They are two entirely different timelines. This team is not about to stop drafting defensemen simply because we have a couple of guys ready to move up to the big club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad