GDT: 4/29/24 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Love the shot coop shaking his head going to locker room he knew it was like wtf lol still everyone get healthy try next year 3 cups in last 20 years make it 4 in 21 years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm not really sure who in the NHL plays a 2-1-2 forecheck regularly. Given that we're playing against the best defensemen in the world, I think it'd result in odd man rushes against us.
You don't have to run a single forecheck all game long. For the first few years under Coop we'd switch to a 1-3-1 to close a game and protect the lead. In our run and gun years we attacked in waves 2 to 3 guys at a time (sometimes in that 2-1-2) and Coop ran the 3-1-1 to close the game. Now? We *literally* (and that word gets used a lot) just do not ever change anything. We are a possession team that's being run like a Guy Boucher wet dream

Keep Coop and JFBB. Use your cap space effectively. Run a different system that doesn't rely on fire drills in your end and sacrificing possession to do it

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Love the shot coop shaking his head going to locker room he knew it was like wtf lol still everyone get healthy try next year 3 cups in last 20 years make it 4 in 21 years.
I think it was more like “Man, I’m about to go have a ball in this postgame presser.”

• Haha
Reactions: gn2007

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You don't have to run a single forecheck all game long. For the first few years under Coop we'd switch to a 1-3-1 to close a game and protect the lead. In our run and gun years we attacked in waves 2 to 3 guys at a time (sometimes in that 2-1-2) and Coop ran the 3-1-1 to close the game. Now? We *literally* (and that word gets used a lot) just do not ever change anything. We are a possession team that's being run like a Guy Boucher wet dream

Keep Coop and JFBB. Use your cap space effectively. Run a different system that doesn't rely on fire drills in your end and sacrificing possession to do it
I'll split the difference with you and agree on seeing more 1-2-2.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We aren't even really a possession team.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Proud of the guys. This happens to every great team.

I'm ok. Kinda knew it was coming. Just think we need a new direction whatever that is...new GM, new coach.

No, I'm not being emotional. Truly. It's time for a dynamic strategy. We have so many great memories.

No blame...no hate. Just time for a new direction. Saturdays game was epic. My mom and I had a blast.

She had never eaten at Eddie and Sam's so we ate there after the game. Loved it.

Interesting off-season to come. You all are great fans.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We aren't even really a possession team.
Well yeah, "death by structure" is the antithesis of possession and it's ALL. WE. EVER. RUN. We have possession players and simply elect not to do it. Therein lies the difference

This is what you get for agreeing to do wrestling avatars.
We never did em. This is what happens when you don't do it

Reactions: Major4Boarding
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad