GDT: 4/29/24 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cirelli and Cernak likely going nowhere unless JBB gets a top 4 dman for Cirelli. The defense needs a new scheme and some better players. Team ran into a tough matchup and a few big names struggled. Team had 73 points in final 57 games with Vasy and many without Serg. The offense is still capable, and there will be space for a depth add or two without losing key players ljke Cirelli(if for futures). Tough way to end the season, but definitely not time.for some blow it up rebuild.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It was a great run until it wasn't. Thank you to the core cup players for everything. I am not thankful for the Jeannot trade and JBB's offseason giving Jeannot a raise, Sheary signing, Dehann Signing, Fleury Signing, and Dumba trade.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I want to see it all burn to the ground. But its not going to. Any hole we plug, we are going to open another hole. That's the way its going to be for at least another 2 years.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Cirelli is good on PK he just unlucky with getting goals taken away.

I'd say stammer stays, duclair, dumba, can go walk. Who knows if we call up or do a surprise trade. Hagel contract looks good.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's an impossible question to answer. We did very little differently and we seldom tried anything else. We only did 1 thing all season. Every game. Every shift. Close to no adjustments minus switching up lines. Next year let's try attacking with more than 1 guy high on the forecheck against 3 and 4 Panther defenders while the rest of our team hangs back. Let's not run a static penalty kill and static PP. We're so worried about defending all the time that we suck at it. We're a possession club that says "make dem come us us. Dey play r game" like it's Guy Boucher with a 3-1-1

I remember all of a few periods of us emptying the tank and Coop letting the boys loose.
I'm not really sure who in the NHL plays a 2-1-2 forecheck regularly. Given that we're playing against the best defensemen in the world, I think it'd result in odd man rushes against us.

1-1-3, and the focus on neutral zone defense is part of puck management and limiting risk.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This feeling always sucks. When many thought we were dead mid season, we worked so hard to over come adversity and still make the playoffs. Happy what we were able to do there, but this still feels like a let down. The standard should always be high here. The expectations should be high. Great franchises only aim for cups. But nothing like a terrible loss to help put those past 3 Cup wins into perspective.

Once again we share in some misery, but hopefully there are some brighter runs ahead for us.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Sad, I mean the regular season wasn't great and if it wasn't for Kuch we wouldn't even be in the playoffs at all but the team still didn't look good and struggle. The team just isn't working right now, it just doesn't fit. Let's see what they will do during the off season.

IOne place that always does work is this board and it's always fun to be here to talk to/complain with all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad