GDT: 4/29/24 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Have to come out swinging here and capitalize. Can't stay fixated on that.
We have a 1-3 in chance for a goal to count tonight. We need to score 6 more goals and not let the panthers score any. We need this guy show the refs the door out.
1714438639068.png

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
Jeannot better use his fist and body to send a message to montour and the panthers. If he is scared to fight then do it a panthers star that to asnwer for his cheapshots to the back of head will be handled by him since the dpos won't do their job to a repeat offender. If he dosnt then he was a complete waste of assets and cap space. If we are winning wait until the final minute call him to drop them and if not grab a panthers star and get to work. Cross checks to the back the head will not be tolerated.
I agree- Jeannot see Montour? Go crush him in any way. Finish your check on him in any way.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's too bad that the Amway Center got a new name. Then we could have had.

Orlando: Amway Center
Tampa Bay: Amalie Arena
Florida: Amerant Arena

Reactions: Summer Rose

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov has had a game to forget to be honest.
Crazy how bad he looks but has 6 points 5 games.
They're not. Florida is currenlty relying on them. They've disallowed 2 of our goals.
Exactly . Toronto replay officials, on ice refs, and department of player safety all are doing their best to give Florida a win tonight.

Keep hitting him every chance you get. Send a msg.
Jeannot message to the team and opposing team was the cup runs are over.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I’m fine with both those no goal calls.
Same. We need to put forth the effort necessary to win. We're literally just dicking around hoping to win with 20 minutes of effort because that's what we did all season. And our offensive strategy has been to play as slow as Kucherov at all times.

If we are to win this series it's going to require us learning how to win again and hitting the reset button from a year of bad habits and passive coaching

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I watch as much hockey as I can, I only see about 5 "goals" waved off due to player in the crease violations per season. Pretty crazy to wave it off before even calling a goal

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Agree. I’ve always said the same thing. The better teams overcome.

Doesn’t make it suck any less though.
It may have even been because of ridiculous officiating.

Furlatt seems like an okay ref, but if casting them as an opponent (which was often the case in those cup runs) gets them to pick up their game...

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
If you’re gonna rely on the refs to win playoff games you’re gonna have a bad time.
Florida seems to be making it work pretty well. If we're going to be completely honest, if those two goals are goalie interference, 20 percent of the goals scored each regular season would disappear and that's probably being conservative.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The lackadaiscal PP effort reminds me of the 2022-23 PP where we gave up 18-20 shorthanded goals and probably cost us 8 standings points because of it. Just expecting to get open space & time simply because of being up a man

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Put simply, the crease belongs to the goaltender, and with very limited exceptions, the attacking team goes in there at their own risk. Almost anything an attacking player can do to bother the goalie is interference if it happens in the crease.

Is there contact, but it’s clearly accidental? Doesn’t matter, you can’t be in the crease.

Is the contact initiated by the goalie as he’s trying to work around or through a player? Doesn’t matter, that guy can’t be in his crease.

Is there no contact at all? It still may not matter, because even screening a goalie isn’t allowed if you’re in his crease.

You’re getting the picture. Don’t want a goal called back for interference? Stay out of the crease.

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad