GDT: 4/21/14: Wild vs Avs, Playoffs, Game Three

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Saying "we all" support it is a very silly generalization, letsgoavs. You couldn't be more wrong.

Enjoy your suspension, Cooke. You deserve it.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Blyvz4UCUAEJojf.jpg:large

Photographer must be kicking himself for not getting the focus on that.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Cooke was stupid, but I can't believe a few are comparing this to the Bertuzzi incident. It was not premeditated by Yeo. This is all on the player.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I really don't think there was any malicious intent on Cooke's part. Barrie tried to dodge it and left his leg hanging out so far. Yes it was a knee on knee, but I don't think it should be a suspension. Cooke was leaning in for the shoulder hit.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got home from the game. The X absolutely exploded on Granlund's goal. So much emotion built up all night. I think the entire arena stepped out for a smoke during the OT intermission. Best part was someone got a loud Daniel Bryan like "Yes" chant going in the concourse afterwards.
I literally could not breathe during that OT. Time to tie this baby up at 2 on Thursday.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I also don't get the sentiment that Cooke should get suspended for all of the playoffs or thrown out of the league. Yes I know what his history is, but he hasn't been suspended in years. It's like saying any criminal that ever commits any crime should be in prison for life because he's bound to do it again.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
I really don't think there was any malicious intent on Cooke's part. Barrie tried to dodge it and left his leg hanging out so far. Yes it was a knee on knee, but I don't think it should be a suspension. Cooke was leaning in for the shoulder hit.

I also feel the same way. If Barrie didn't try get out of the way at the last second, chances are he doesn't get hurt.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I also don't get the sentiment that Cooke should get suspended for all of the playoffs or thrown out of the league. Yes I know what his history is, but he hasn't been suspended in years. It's like saying any criminal that ever commits any crime should be in prison for life because he's bound to do it again.

I don't either but it is that way because his name is Cooke.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Easily the best Pro hockey game I've been to. That was awesome.. Love playoff hockey! Go Wild. <3 Granny,

Just awesome effort all around. Koivu looked great, Keumpadermic mattress was stress free. Fontaine looked really good as did Heatley. Wouldn't be surprised to see Heatley and Moulson switched, though Moulson hasn't quite played that badly. I hope he picks it up!

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I want to be a ref after that first period/beginning of the 2nd, but we definitely had a few go our way to towards the end of the game.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There is, literally, no difference between Cooke's hit and Bickell's, except the result. If anything, Bickell's was more flagrant.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Maaaaan... It sounds like it was a hell of a game!!!! Stupid work and no NHL network:cry:

That Granlund goal was so perty, geesus.

How did Heatley look overall? That was a balsy move by Yeo; I actually hope it paid off.

I hope the guys looked good. It sounds like the energy was insane!

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Maaaaan... It sounds like it was a hell of a game!!!! Stupid work and no NHL network:cry:

That Granlund goal was so perty, geesus.

How did Heatley look overall? That was a balsy move by Yeo; I actually hope it paid off.

I hope the guys looked good. It sounds like the energy was insane!

Heatley was very serviceable on that 4th line I thought. No real grade A chances or anything, but was decent enough and was composed.

Didn't miss Brodziak, lets put it that way. Fontaine looked good too, bright side is if he stays in the lineup he will qualify for RFA.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
You know, having watched the hit a bunch of times from all different angles I want to change my opinion and say Cooke doesn't deserve any supplemental discipline.

It's knee on knee, but it looked like Dingleberry skated right into Cooke and he tried to make a hit. Cooke could have made that hit a lot worse if he wanted to.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Well, it looks like the league is going to go with a reputation based 5+ game suspension. What a crock of ****.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Heatley was very serviceable on that 4th line I thought. No real grade A chances or anything, but was decent enough and was composed.

Didn't miss Brodziak, lets put it that way. Fontaine looked good too, bright side is if he stays in the lineup he will qualify for RFA.

Overall that doesn't sound too bad!

The score is a little surprising, but I guess Varly looked like a god. Good on Keumps for sure though!

I wish Heatley could figure it out again. Always liked him...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The way fans are making it, I thought Cooke tried to stab someone with his skate. It was a nasty hit, but it's way overblown. I think Cooke should sit a game (or even two) based off his history but it wasn't that bad. I've seen worse and the Avs have done worse to the Wild. I've seen this hit once or twice before this season and some before this season including Hall on Clutterbuck!

Great game by the Finns. Wish they played this way every game. Good to see them get a spark.

Nino is going to get a reputation. I don't know if that is good or bad but he's getting a reputation. A slash here. A questionable hit there. If he can tone it down a little but still keep a little bit of an edge, the guy is going to be a playoff warrior in a year or so. He was aggressive and once he gets his hands together, I think he'll be that special type of player. Coyle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad