GDT: #4 - 10/19/16 | red wings @ RANGERS | 8:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I'm guessing Klein is on the ice just to get another skate in before going into the lineup, and McDonagh out there because he missed practice yesterday.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A 2011 first overall pick with over 250 games under his belt just netted a third round pick. Granted that Yakupov makes more money, but I don't think an older defenseman without that first overall pedigree and who has yet to solidify himself as an NHL player is worth more than a 4th or 5th.

The best you can hope for is a change of scenery deal where another team sends us their struggling prospect.

I'd hesitate to use anything Edmonton does as a barometer of 'around the league' value... but you're right, McIlrath has essentially 0 value in a trade right now.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd hesitate to use anything Edmonton does as a barometer of 'around the league' value... but you're right, McIlrath has essentially 0 value in a trade right now.

I believe he could be one of the assets going to Anahem if the Rangers are trading for Vatanen.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
For his sake, I hope so. Though, playing in Anaheim for Carlyle probably isn't much of a step up from not playing in NY for AV :laugh:

I would think McIlrath would be Carlyle's type of Dman. I also think McIlrath won't play again in a Ranger uniform.

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
That's the second Ranger player Tomas Hertl has retired in the last 4 years.

That's the sign of a dynamic all around player. Can score 4 goals to retire a goalie mid-season, fight against a known fighter above his weight class and yet somehow retire him out of a Rangers jersey.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
A little bummed about Buch being out again. I know it's nothing serious, but he started on a super hot line and that was starting to build his confidence. It would have been nice if he snagged a couple more points in these games and really started taking off.

I love his game. Smooth hands and great vision.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A little bummed about Buch being out again. I know it's nothing serious, but he started on a super hot line and that was starting to build his confidence. It would have been nice if he snagged a couple more points in these games and really started taking off.

I love his game. Smooth hands and great vision.

As long as he goes right back in when healthy on the Kreider-Zib line, it's okay.

AV can't **** this one up, right?

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
On a scale of 1-Glass, how much favoritism is AV offering Holden over McIlrath as all I read in these GDT's is how bad Holden has looked in every game.

Truth is he has not looked bad hes playing on his off side against other teams top lines. His role should be 3rd pairing against secondary scoring lines on the other side. Holden is gonna be ok in the bottom pairing. Honestly I liked Clendening in the pre season however in these first few games he has been pretty soft and not really helping the team. Mac should slot in his spot in my opinion.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
On a scale of 1-Glass, how much favoritism is AV offering Holden over McIlrath as all I read in these GDT's is how bad Holden has looked in every game.
Veteran player who got top line minutes on Colorado, even though that team hasn't played anything resembling defense in years.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
As long as he goes right back in when healthy on the Kreider-Zib line, it's okay.

Doubt it. AV has said that he likes the three of them together and how well they click.

So I don't think he'd separate them unless Nash really really really clicks with them, or if Kreid-Zib-Buch go stone cold.

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
Doubt it. AV has said that he likes the three of them together and how well they click.

So I don't think he'd separate them unless Nash really really really clicks with them, or if Kreid-Zib-Buch go stone cold.

or if AV can't find a place for Nash on any other line 10-12 games in. He's broken up 2-3 functional lines every year to try and get someone going. A lot of those times the person has been Nash.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That line looks better with Nash on it boys.

Also think it's asking a lot to put the kid in first line situations against top defenders etc. the khl is not the NHL.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn

I sure hope he puts him back on that line. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least slightly worried he'd end up with Miller and Hayes, but I have to think AV likes him with Kreibanijad.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That line looks better with Nash on it boys.

Also think it's asking a lot to put the kid in first line situations against top defenders etc. the khl is not the NHL.

I agree.

I am happy with either Buch or Nash on that line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad