Value of: 3rd overall pick

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I doubt they trade it. Good chance Demidov is there. They choice of Buium, Silayev or Dickinson. I'm guessing but Black Hawks probably take Levshunov. They don't have a right shot D in their system and he is a good one
I think that is very possible (not probable) but it is definitely a minority viewpoint at this time.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
July 2 he will cost 775.
His cap hit is 11 million. Go sell that real money shit to a broke team like Arizona/Utah, not a team trying to win a cup.

Additionally the draft occurs before july 2nd. That means a marner trade for a 2024 draft pick would be the full 11 in real money

Reactions: Drumman44

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think that is very possible (not probable) but it is definitely a minority viewpoint at this time.
If Hawks do, Ducks be hard to pass on Demidov. Colombus probably take Lindstrom. Habs grab Ignila. I doubt they trade it. Basu mentioned trading down with Flames for Canucks pick. But this draft exceptional weak after 13-14th pick. Useless to trade for Van pick.

Making Utah pick very tradeable. With 3 #1 d-men available.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Hawks do, Ducks be hard to pass on Demidov. Colombus probably take Lindstrom. Habs grab Ignila. I doubt they trade it. Basu mentioned trading down with Flames for Canucks pick. But this draft exceptional weak after 13-14th pick. Useless to trade for Van pick.

Making Utah pick very tradeable. With 3 #1 d-men available.
Ducks should absolutely take Demidov if Levshunov goes 2OA but GMPV is allergic to drafting players under 6' with talent so there's that.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Which team are you talking about? Anaheim?
Thought this was in regards to another team. Regardless, the draft occurs before july 2nd. So again, any 2024 pick involved for mitch marner would NOT have extension involved, and would involve tthe acquiring team paying the full 11 million

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Thought this was in regards to another team. Regardless, the draft occurs before july 2nd. So again, any 2024 pick involved for mitch marner would NOT have extension involved, and would involve tthe acquiring team paying the full 11 million

yeas that’s true. He is owed 8 million total. 7 on July 1

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.
Am I missing something here? Did Marner NMC expire for his last year? Leafs fans all want to trade him but with his NMC he has all control. And Toronto boys don’t like to leave the home town team.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
What's the biggest need for Anaheim a RHD ?
So i guess a ready RHD below 23 years old could be a target for Anaheim.
But whom ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What's the biggest need for Anaheim a RHD ?
So i guess a ready RHD below 23 years old could be a target for Anaheim.
But whom ?

I can't think of anyone other than Jiricek. Tough to come up with names of young RHD who are good enough to justify moving a top 3 pick, who also have any shred of possibility to be traded. I'm not saying Jiricek is likely to be moved either, but at least his name has been floated around a bit. Most young RHD of that quality are just simply untouchable

Reactions: Xirik

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ducks should absolutely take Demidov if Levshunov goes 2OA but GMPV is allergic to drafting players under 6' with talent so there's that.

Yeah but the Ducks are one of the better drafting teams in the NHL too. So there is that too. Some fans think size don't matter anymore. They really do. Go watch the Rangers/Canes game last night... very nasty and you do need size to win in the playoffs. Are your GM/scouts building a regular season champ like the Leafs or a cup contender?

Personally, when I say size, I am talking about both height and weight. There are many effective 5'-10 to 6'-0" players but most of them have weight/strength.

Demidov has a chance to slip IMO... like Michkov. Probably won't slip too far but I don't believe he is a sure shot 2 or 3 pick. Elite Prospects has him around 168 lbs but other reports has him 170-180 range. Probably tops out at 185-190. Hard to say if he gets more weight/strength and is around 200 lbs like Kaprisov.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I can't think of anyone other than Jiricek. Tough to come up with names of young RHD who are good enough to justify moving a top 3 pick, who also have any shred of possibility to be traded. I'm not saying Jiricek is likely to be moved either, but at least his name has been floated around a bit. Most young RHD of that quality are just simply untouchable
Agree with your statement,
Guess it will come down to quantity vs quality.
Don't think the Ducks wants that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The very definition of a rumour is something unsubstantiated. Maybe there is a rumor about a rumour?
Sorry I should have said baseless speculation with no source. The source was well Anaheim just acquired Cutter Gauthier, maybe they'll move Zegras.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
5th overall + Winnipeg’s pick #24-27 for 3rd overall

We pick Demidov or Lindstrom
I think something like this makes a lot of sense for us… especially if levshunov goes #2… and we don’t have interest in Demidov(which might just be me speculating and we could take him)

In this scenario my hope is
To Montreal: 3rd overall
To Anaheim: 5th overall + Winnipeg 1st

5th: we take yakemchuk

Then we trade
To a team 13-16 range: jets 1st + oilers 1st or 1 of our 2nds which ever is cheapest for us to move up

We take sannecke/mbn or greentree

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Am I missing something here? Did Marner NMC expire for his last year? Leafs fans all want to trade him but with his NMC he has all control. And Toronto boys don’t like to leave the home town team.
Especially the players that have nice properties on overhyped Lake Muskoka.
Demidov been compared to Kucherov and Paninin
If he were compared to those two, then Celebrini would not have the McDavid/Matthews/Bedard grip on 1st OA

Reactions: MakeCgyGreatAgain

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think something like this makes a lot of sense for us… especially if levshunov goes #2… and we don’t have interest in Demidov(which might just be me speculating and we could take him)

In this scenario my hope is
To Montreal: 3rd overall
To Anaheim: 5th overall + Winnipeg 1st

5th: we take yakemchuk

Then we trade
To a team 13-16 range: jets 1st + oilers 1st or 1 of our 2nds which ever is cheapest for us to move up

We take sannecke/mbn or greentree
I don't know if the Habs trade up given the uncertainty of who is picked 2 through 5. I think Habs will get a good player at 5 and will try to move up on the Winnipeg 1st to select a player like Senneke.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't know if the Habs trade up given the uncertainty of who is picked 2 through 5. I think Habs will get a good player at 5 and will try to move up on the Winnipeg 1st to select a player like Senneke.
It really depends on how they feel about lindstrom/Demidov

And if they willing to risk both potentially being gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad