Value of: 3C to the leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
OP are you a Leafs fan ? Genuine question. Domi has been doing a great job at 3C, I don't understand this thread.
Yes but he isn’t as good as a most teams who won the cup recently. Would like a Cirelli level guy
I said upgrade on guys like Lagesson, Benoit, Gio and McCabe, not acquire Norris level defensemen. My target currently is Hanifin.
Yet another LHD tho? Yes he’d be a upgrade on the 2nd pairing but as I said before the gap between Hanfin and Gio I’d much smaller then Henrique and Reaves

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Has Domi been that bad that you need an upgrade on the 3rd line?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Has Domi been that bad that you need an upgrade on the 3rd line?
Domi started the year poorly on the wing but has improved over the last couple weeks since being moved to centre. Personally, especially with how this forward core is constructed, I'd prefer a Cirelli type at that spot. Or a poor man's Lindholm/Backlund. Just better overall two-way ability to help take some defensive assignments away from Matthews (to focus on offence) and Kampf (so that the 4th line isn't playing 15 minutes trying to defend a lead).

The team lost all utility in the offseason and didn't replace it. But at the same time, assets should be spent on defence, so unfortunately at this point upgrading on Domi would be a luxury.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto will not make any type of trade for a C or Winger. This thread is pointless. They are deep up front.

IF they do anything it will be for a D. A legit top 4 D.

Reactions: Smif

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Lol I came in just to post about him, really curious what the Leafs would offer for him (or Blueger).
Majority of the fanbase - nothing
Subsection of the fanbase - extended Nylander and a 1st. Lafferty managed to capture the heart of a small part of the Leafs fanbase that no other player has.

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
I'd trade Kampf and legitimize Domi on your 3rd line center in a perfect world.
You'll need the Kampf money for Nylander / fixing the litany of team problems including defense.

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Any team willing to cast him off for a fifth must be having huge problems behind the scenes.
Or his current team is riding a hot streak of shooting percentages and his/ the teams results reflect that. One of the two.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Any team willing to cast him off for a fifth must be having huge problems behind the scenes.
Probably not. He was traded, for a 5th, from a team from which he lost his job to a player on a PTO though that might not meet your definition of cast off.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
The forward group is good and the lines are developing nice chemistry (other than Bertuzzi) so no need to shake that up imo.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Be careful about Zub. Sens fans are trying to hit the lottery with him.
Actually they aren’t, because they don’t want to trade him. At least leaf fans have seen him play though.

To the topic at hand, Domi seems like he’s been ok, use the asset for a defender.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Domi has been fine at 3C. Kampf's 2.4 million on the fourth line is a problem.

We need one more dman. Zadorov would be a nice target imo.

Hopefully our goalies settle down a bit.

The forward group is good and the lines are developing nice chemistry (other than Bertuzzi) so no need to shake that up imo.
Bertuzzi is starting to look good with Tavares and Nylander

Reactions: Tairy Greene

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Tendency to agree with most of the sentiment here that the leafs need defence alot more than a 3c. Domi is playing about as well as you can without putting up goals.

I'd be looking for a solid 4/5 guy that can block shots and interrupt a cycle based on the poor showing of the pk this yr. Seeing guys like zadorov, tanev, and (to a far lesser extent) peeke all make sense. Realistically though, it'll probably end up as a contract swap, klingberg for dumba with the leafs paying a premium because...Jesus. klingberg.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto will not make any type of trade for a C or Winger. This thread is pointless. They are deep up front.

IF they do anything it will be for a D. A legit top 4 D.

They will acquire a D but don't be so sure they won't acquire a forward or a goaltender.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
They will acquire a D but don't be so sure they won't acquire a forward or a goaltender.
Agreed , they make a move up front before the deadline . The bottom 6 just doesn't have enough offensive jam to be a true contender. Defence first but it's coming .....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad