Value of: 3C to the leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Obviously the main topic of the leafs is usually defence but the leafs have a ton of NHL caliber dman but are just missing a top end guy on par with Rielly. Obviously that just isn’t available but in there forward group a big hole is the 3C.

Is there any 3Cs available that’d be a upgrade on Kampf/Domi/Jarnkrok that can put up some offence and most importantly play a shut down role while being affordable cap wise?

The most I can see them spending would be a 1st

Mar 26, 2010
Domi is doing a great job at 3C.

Toronto is not shaking up the forwards.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Henrique at 50%
for
2nd + 3rd/decent prospect?

Or, if the Leafs have an expiring cap dump, maybe the Ducks can pull a 1st+? Could help the Leafs buy another rental for their run.
The leafs don’t have a cap dump. Everyone is fairly priced besides the big 4

Since Domi was moved to c he’s looked perfectly fine as a 3c and looked great with Jarnkrok and Robertson.
Domi is doing a great job at 3C.

Toronto is not shaking up the forwards.
Henrique would be a upgrade and would allow them to juggle around the lineup. Could maybe put Domi with Marner to bring back the knights chemistry.

The leafs are contenders so any move they can make to improve there team they will do.

Mar 26, 2010

Henrique would be a upgrade and would allow them to juggle around the lineup. Could maybe put Domi with Marner to bring back the knights chemistry.

The leafs are contenders so any move they can make to improve there team they will do.
They need D more though.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
All assets should go towards a significant D upgrade imo. Our forward group has never been better since the rebuild started.

Reactions: cupdreaming

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
They need D more though.
Let’s see somehow they land all of Dumba, Zandorov, Clifford, Clifton, Zub, Walker, etc what is that really going to do for the team? Gio is there worst dman none of those guys are a massive upgrade on him. The gap between Henrique and Reaves is bigger then the gap between Gio and Hanfin

All assets should go towards a significant D upgrade imo. Our forward group has never been better since the rebuild started.
I don’t see a Josi, Dahlin or Makar coming available

The90

Feb 27, 2017

The leafs are contenders so any move they can make to improve their team they will do.
Former junior linemates almost never works, it’s a feel good story for fans. Look at drouin

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Let’s see somehow they land all of Dumba, Zandorov, Clifford, Clifton, Zub, Walker, etc what is that really going to do for the team? Gio is there worst dman none of those guys are a massive upgrade on him. The gap between Henrique and Reaves is bigger then the gap between Gio and Hanfin

Be careful about Zub. Sens fans are trying to hit the lottery with him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Obviously the main topic of the leafs is usually defence but the leafs have a ton of NHL caliber dman but are just missing a top end guy on par with Rielly. Obviously that just isn’t available but in there forward group a big hole is the 3C.

Is there any 3Cs available that’d be a upgrade on Kampf/Domi/Jarnkrok that can put up some offence and most importantly play a shut down role while being affordable cap wise?

The most I can see them spending would be a 1st
Monahan maybe? But late first like their's, Habs would need a throw in.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
OP are you a Leafs fan ? Genuine question. Domi has been doing a great job at 3C, I don't understand this thread.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

I said upgrade on guys like Lagesson, Benoit, Gio and McCabe, not acquire Norris level defensemen. My target currently is Hanifin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad