GDT: #38 – Sabres at Maple Leafs – Fri Dec 27 – 7:30 PM EST – MSG-B, TSN-HD – WGR-550

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
gdt-02-top-1.png
gdt-02-top-2.png

gdt-02-top-3.png
gdt-02-top-4.png

GAME #38: BUF (10-24-3) at TOR (18-16-5) – FRI DEC 27 – 7:30 PM EST – MSG-B, TSN-HDWGR-550CHAT
12/23 – SHORT-HANDED SABRES COME AWAY WITH BIZARRE OT VICTORY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/24 – Flu bug forces the Sabres to play short-handed, utilize tough guy John Scott (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/24 – Crazy goal clinches Sabres’ exciting overtime triumph against Coyotes (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/24 – NOTEBOOK: SABRES BIG MAN SCOTT STEPS INTO BIGGER ROLE (Joe Ray – Sabres.com)

12/26 – Improving Sabres travel to Toronto (Brian Hunter - NHL.com)

12/26 – Game Preview: 12/27/13 at Toronto Maple Leafs (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/26 – Gameday: Sabres at Maple Leafs (Ian Shantz – Toronto Sun)

12/27 – Sabres at Maple Leafs Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/27 – Preview: Leafs look to continue Sabres' road woes (The Associated Press)

12/27 – Leafs return from break with fresh outlook (Chris Johnston – Sportsnet.ca)

12/27 – Sabres sniper Matt Moulson faces interesting times (Tim Wharnsby – CBC.ca)

12/27 – THE MORNING SKATE: HEALTHIER SABRES RETURN FROM HOLIDAY BREAK (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Final Lineup

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons
9 Steve Ott ("C") – 65 Brian Flynn – 21 Drew Stafford
17 Linus Omark – 23 Ville Leino – 82 Marcus Foligno
32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis – 27 Matt D’Agostini
X: 19 Cody Hodgson

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers
10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk
4 Jamie McBain – 6 Mike Weber
X: 52 Alexander Sulzer

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

D Alexander Sulzer, F's Cody Hodgson, 23 Ville Leino, 82 Marcus Foligno, and 17 Linus Omark
were scratches in Monday's 2-1 OT win vs Phoenix.
F Cody McCormick is expected to miss 4-6 weeks (UBI).
F Cody Hodgson is day to day (UBI).

Weekly Transactions

12/23: D Mark Pysyk and F Johan Larsson recalled from Rochester (AHL)
12/23: D Chad Ruhwedel assigned to Rochester (AHL)
12/23: F Kevin Porter (LBI) placed on IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo is 4-4-2. Ryan Miller has won four of five starts, allowing two goals or less in each.
Sabres' rookie Zemgus Girgensons has three goals and three assists in his past nine games.
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

Toronto Maple Leafs

Final Lineup

21 James van Riemsdyk – 43 Nazem Kadri – 81 Phil Kessel
12 Mason Raymond – 24 Peter Holland – 19 Joffrey Lupul ("A")
41 Nikolai Kulemin – 11 Jay McClement ("A") – 71 David Clarkson
29 Jerry D'Amigo – 22 Jerrod Smithson - 28 Colton Orr
X: 38 Frazer McLaren

36 Carl Gunnarsson – 3 Dion Phaneuf ("C")
51 Jake Gardiner – 4 Cody Franson
44 Morgan Riely – 15 Paul Ranger
X: 2 Mark Fraser, 26 John-Michael Liles

45 Jonathan Bernier
34 James Reimer

Lineup News & Notes

Toronto scratched D Mark Fraser, D John-Michael Liles, and F Frazer McLaren in Monday's 2-1 SO loss at NYR.
C Dave Bolland (LBI), C 4 Tyler Bozak (UBI), and F Trevor Smith (UBI) are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

None

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Toronto is 3-5-2. Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots
against the Rangers and has a .960 save percentage over his past three appearances.​
header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

12/23 – Highlights of Buffalo's 2-1 OT win vs Phoenix. <4:06>

12/23 – Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday night's 2-1 win against the Coyotes. <2:38>

12/23 – Ted Nolan talks to reporters after Buffalo's 2-1 OT win over Phoenix. <4:08>

12/23 – Highlights of the Leafs' 2-1 SO loss at NYR. <4:31>

12/23 - Randy Carlyle addresses the media following Toronto's 2-1 SO loss to the Rangers. <2:37>

12/27 - Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at Air Canada Centre. <3:47>

12/27 - Dan Dunleavy previews Friday night's game against the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre. <2:44>

12/27 - Randy Carlyle speaks with the media ahead of tonight's game as the Leafs host the Buffalo Sabres. <7:08>

12/27 - Molson Canadian #SEAofBLUE Game Day Preview: Bob & Paul on tonight's match up at ACC. <2:14>

12/27 - Drew Stafford speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at Air Canada Centre. <2:20>

12/27 - Linus Omark speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at Air Canada Centre. <2:14>

12/27 - Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at Air Canada Centre. <1:27>

12/27 - Teppo Numminen discusses Friday night's game against the Maple Leafs. <0:42>

LAST H2H GAME

11/29/2013 – Toronto 2 at Buffalo 3.

[NHL]2013020388-X-h[/NHL]​

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
We are creeping up on the Oilers and Islanders... I want the 1st overall pick, but I also want our current youth to develop some chemistry and continue their progress under Nolan. What should we cheer for at this point (aside from winning the draft lottery)?

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Just out of curiosity, with Rochester playing in Europe at the moment would the Sabres theoretically be allowed to recall a player from Juniors as an emergency recall? I know this isn't gonna happen with pretty much all of our prime prospects either at the WJC, at the Spengler Cup or being injured but but is this one of these situations where it would actually be possible?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
We are creeping up on the Oilers and Islanders... I want the 1st overall pick, but I also want our current youth to develop some chemistry and continue their progress under Nolan. What should we cheer for at this point (aside from winning the draft lottery)?

Always gotta root for beating the Leafs. ;)

Lose against everyone else except Boston, and maybe Carolina I hate those guys.

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013

I agree. Beating the Leafs is one of the simple pleasures of life. Plus factor in that the loss will be captured in the mockumentary that is 24/7 for the Leafs, beating the Leafs tomorrow would be doubly sweet.

Besides, isn't this almost a gimme? Kessel will be on a three day tryptophan bender after inhaling at least 2 christmas turkeys, Phaneuf continues to be Phaneuf and the Leafs defence is about as plausible as a Wilhelm Reich contraption, the Leafs are ripe for a loss.

Anything less than a 6-1 drubbing of the Laffs is unacceptable. After friday, the tank can go back into commission.

ogoaltrop

Oct 9, 2011

Could not have said it better myself !

As bad as we need to tank, its always a must win against at least the laughs the b's and maybe the canes. The whining that goes on in them cities when we win is priceless !

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Could not have said it better myself !

As bad as we need to tank, its always a must win against at least the laughs the b's and maybe the canes. The whining that goes on in them cities when we win is priceless !

I like that everyone's on the same page here

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I agree. Beating the Leafs is one of the simple pleasures of life. Plus factor in that the loss will be captured in the mockumentary that is 24/7 for the Leafs, beating the Leafs tomorrow would be doubly sweet.

Besides, isn't this almost a gimme? Kessel will be on a three day tryptophan bender after inhaling at least 2 christmas turkeys, Phaneuf continues to be Phaneuf and the Leafs defence is about as plausible as a Wilhelm Reich contraption, the Leafs are ripe for a loss.

Anything less than a 6-1 drubbing of the Laffs is unacceptable. After friday, the tank can go back into commission.

I wish I had this sort of confidence about anytime with this Sabre team, but the Kessel part made me :laugh:

It's always great to beat the Leafs, so I'll forget about the tank tomorrow night. I'd love to see 24/7 continue to be a train wreck for them, too.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Saw this thread and was like "HOT DAMN I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS AT 7:30" and then I realized the game is tomorrow.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
It's always great to beat the Leafs, so I'll forget about the tank tomorrow night. I'd love to see 24/7 continue to be a train wreck for them, too.

Yeah, 24/7 is so flat this time around. I lvoed the last two. But they unfortunately picked two slumping teams. lol Almost feel bad for Detroit, but what did they expect with Toronto?

Gee, can hardly wait for THAT winter classic.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013

ehh i guess getting a top 3 pick this year isn't too much of a downgrade than the top 2...but if we let go of miller then you gotta understand we'll be worse next year..and as long as we get the first or second pick next year it's all good :)

if we get 3rd or 4th pick this year and end up w/ nylander or draisatl that's not anything to put our heads down over...let's just hope the youth continues to develop

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
best part about beating the leafs this year is on the Leafs board they start questioning their very existence, also this time we can beat them on 24/7

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
best part about beating the leafs this year is on the Leafs board they start questioning their very existence, also this time we can beat them on 24/7

I'm not sure if this game tomorrow night will be featured on this weeks episode of 24/7, and it definitely won't be on the last one because that covers the majority of the Winter Classic which is on Wednesday.

Last I remembered, HBO works right until the deadline to complete the episode so hopefully we will be featured right at the end of Saturday's episode.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Moulson, Ennis, Girgensons, Foligno, Flynn, D'Agostini, Ott, Leino, Stafford, Omark, Ellis and Scott are your forwards skating. #sabres

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres D pairings this morning: Ehrhoff-Pysyk. Tallinder-Myers. Weber-McBain. Sulzer working as the extra right now.

‏@BuffaloSabres

Defense shooting on Miller as the morning skate begins to wind down. Looks like he'll start tonight. No line work.

@BuffaloSabres

Sulzer and Hodgson working with the assistant coaches at center ice. Looks like they won't play tonight. #sabres

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
OP Updated

New Game Preview Links Added, Updated Sabres/Leafs Lineups Post Morning Skates, and Added Link to Nolan's Post Morning Skate Media Session to A/V Section.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@reporterchris: The #sabres plan to use John Scott on the power-play again tonight in Toronto.

Jame it's happening. I'm looking forward to it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad