30 game mark trade potential

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Yet teams overpay every TDL.

They may overpay, but usually they overpay for players who are worth something, Drouin, with his actual level of play, doesn't get us a 2nd round pick, I think more a 4th or 5th. He's baby soft, questionable work ethic, a defensive liability and doesn't produce a lot.

Reactions: MoneyManny

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Start of season without retention VS TDL with retention.

Statement regarding your actual hockey knowledge still stands.
Taking personal jabs instead of providing arguments and answering my questions. That’s the Treb I remember.

We’ll see at the TDL.

They may overpay, but usually they overpay for players who are worth something, Drouin, with his actual level of play, doesn't get us a 2nd round pick, I think more a 4th or 5th. He's baby soft, questionable work ethic, a defensive liability and doesn't produce a lot.
And had a bunch of serious wrist injuries. And “anxiety issues”.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Taking personal jabs instead of providing arguments and answering my questions. That’s the Treb I remember.

We’ll see at the TDL.

And had a bunch of serious wrist injuries. And “anxiety issues”.

So if we get any asset whatsoever, I win? Bet.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Well as the team falls down the standings it is time to visit the trade values of players currently being mentioned.

First expiring contracts

Dadanov- 50% retention May get us a 6th- has been a bust

Drouin- 50%retention could get you a 4th - injury prevented any thing better

Byron- no trade value- could get a 5-7 pick with 50%retention if he plays 15 games prior to deadline

Monahan- I think a 2nd conditional to a first based on playoff rounds and play. 50% retention

team strategy is to play these guys to increase value. Maximum 3 retention spots.

Hockey Trades

Edmundson a second and a third with 50 retention or two seconds with a bad contract back

Anderson - potential first no retention

Jake Allen- second and third with a goaltender coming back

We will see what Hughes can get but the easy trades occurred last year.
You might be forgetting the desperation factor. If a contender has a solid D man go down in Feb, Edmundson for example becomes quite valuable.

Reactions: Runner77

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So if we get any asset whatsoever, I win? Bet.
I'm saying we'll have to pay to get rid of him. So, Drouin himself not counting, we'd send more than we'd receive.

ie. Drouin (retained) + 2nd for a 5th rd pick, I'm right.

Drouin (retained salary) for a 2nd, you're right.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I'm saying we'll have to pay to get rid of him. So, Drouin himself not counting, we'd send more than we'd receive.

ie. Drouin (retained) + 2nd for a 5th rd pick, I'm right.

Drouin (retained salary) for a 2nd, you're right.
You won't win that bet, because Hughes is not paying to move him, if he has no value they will just let the contract run out.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Yet teams overpay every TDL.
Drouin is constantly injured, soft, has no hunger at all in his game, can't produce anymore and...

What kinda team takes the risk of trading for a player for a cup run when that very player quit on his team and went MIA during the last Habs cup finals run?

We wouldn't even get a 7th for him. I guarantee you they let him walk next summer. Of all the players available in the league, a contender would pick DROUIN to put their team over the top? Lol

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I think we trade:
Monahan 50% for 1st (late 2023 or 2024)
Edmundson 50% for 1st (2024 or later)
Drouin 50% for a 2nd
Dadonov for a 4th/ a 2nd if we get a sizable cap dump back
Pitlick for a 5th
Drouin for a second lol,the only way the habs can trade him is to pay the other team to take him but it would make no sense he's gone at end of year and he greatly helps the tank same thing for Dadonov.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Monahan and Edmundson are the only players who could return good picks. Monahan is worth a 1st if he returns strong, Edmundson too... though it might be for 2024.

Dadanov and Drouin are dead weight.

No idea what they do with Armia. I thought he'd have a comeback season, but so far he's been awful.

Dvorak is a crapshoot. I don't see a team overpaying, and I'd be okay keeping him around.

I don't think Hughes is shopping Allen; he's sticking around.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You won't win that bet, because Hughes is not paying to move him, if he has no value they will just let the contract run out.
I said we’d have to pay to get rid of him. Not that we would, there’s no point.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Monahan and Edmundson are the only players who could return good picks. Monahan is worth a 1st if he returns strong, Edmundson too... though it might be for 2024.

No idea what they do with Armia. I thought he'd have a comeback season, but so far he's been awful.

Dvorak is a crapshoot. I don't see a team overpaying, and I'd be okay keeping him around.

Monahan and Edmundson.. potentially Anderson if they start seeing the light that he just isn't a long term fit to the way MSL wants to play.

Agreed on Dadonov and Drouin. Maybe with as much retention as possible, we can get a late round pick from a fringe play-off team hoping to add some depth and give a push. We'd be motivated to do so to get a look at Ylonen and RHP, for example.

Armia and Hoffman are basically what you are saying. Awful with term left. Nothing to do.

I also agree on Dvorak.. if you are moving Monahan out, which they will.. then you basically sit with Dvorak unless you get that overpay required. They still need NHL centers down the middle.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Drouin for a second lol,the only way the habs can trade him is to pay the other team to take him but it would make no sense he's gone at end of year and he greatly helps the tank same thing for Dadonov.
Y'know... I'm wondering if we're wrong about this. We look at Drouin and see a relationship that's become toxic. But another team could look at him and see untapped potential. Depends how much of his issues are tied to this particular market.

Of course even if other GMs see value, they also recognize Montreal has zero bargaining power.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Monahan and Edmundson.. potentially Anderson if they start seeing the light that he just isn't a long term fit to the way MSL wants to play.

Agreed on Dadonov and Drouin. Maybe with as much retention as possible, we can get a late round pick from a fringe play-off team hoping to add some depth and give a push. We'd be motivated to do so to get a look at Ylonen and RHP, for example.

Armia and Hoffman are basically what you are saying. Awful with term left. Nothing to do.

I also agree on Dvorak.. if you are moving Monahan out, which they will.. then you basically sit with Dvorak unless you get that overpay required. They still need NHL centers down the middle.
Lol... I totally forgot about Anderson and Hoffman. I'm not sure if that says more about them or me.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Well it’s a start….

Edmundson and Monohan off the books (trade)

Byron/Dadonov/Drouin off the books (expired contracts)

That’s almost 24m$ off the cap, that’s actually great!!

Like you said, there’s still
Armia and Dvorak shitting the bed but it ain’t gonna pin us down or hold us back.

Caufield is gonna need a new contract, I’m seeing 7.5$m x 8

Harris needs a new contact but that’ll be a modest one.

Money for Klingberg maybe?

Hoffman coming off the book’s next year…i think financially, Habs are looking pretty decent considering where we are in regards to development and competing, looks like things should fall right into place!!

Exactly….you don’t pay to get rid of 1yr contracts with 2 months to go in the season when you are not a playoff team.

You pay to get rid of Armia’s contract who has 3yrs left.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Since trades hardly happen at this time of year and then the roster freeze with it I don’t care lol. This has a middle summer vibe when it comes to topics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad