Confirmed with Link: 3 Year Extension for Ryan Lindgren ($3M AAV)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This should keep people from hysterically bitching about shit that hasn't happened for about 8 minutes.

Lindgren was the ideal candidate for this type of deal and I'm glad they got it done. Nice salary bump for a guy who has really put in the work to become a player. Don't be surprised when he settles into putting up 30+ points either.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Good, been pleasantly surprised with him. Hopefully he continues to play well

I would wager a guess the Rangers won’t be the team to be giving him his next deal so not sure his QO matters much
It won't matter either way. He'll either be gone or signed long-term...the QO is just a 4th year "option" at this point.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Beric1.jpg

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Good, been pleasantly surprised with him. Hopefully he continues to play well

I would wager a guess the Rangers won’t be the team to be giving him his next deal so not sure his QO matters much
It does impact his trade value if the rangers want to go down that route. Or do you think we are the only ones who thing about what the QO will be. Teams will think long and hard if Lindgren is worth $5 mill to re-sign.

But this is one of those, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it situations.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Lindgren took a massive step this year. His confidence with the puck and in the offensive zone was unexpected, at least for me. Love that he was re-signed without too much hullabaloo. Also agree that his longevity as an effective player is a concern just because of the style he plays. But thrilled that he will be here for the next few years at a reasonable cap hit.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The structure of this deal means his QO is over $5m

His QO will be 3.6 mil.

NHL To Change Qualifying Offer Rules

Instead of being based on the salary in the final year of the contract, it will now be based on the lower of the salary of the final season of the deal or 120% of the AAV.

The AAV is 3 mil. 120% of that is 3.6 mil, which is lower than the 4 mil he makes in the final year.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Good deal for both sides. We could have kids breaking down the door by the end of this so we can move him if needed

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Excellent. Dude went from what many considered to be just a minor part of the Nash deal, to a good interim guy until other players were ready, to an indispensable part of the defensive corps.

He's a f***ing gamer. I hope he's here a long time.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Really surprised some people thought he'd get less. I was surprised how little he got. He's a legit top 4 that can play top pairing minutes with a #1.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Really surprised some people thought he'd get less. I was surprised how little he got. He's a legit top 4 that can play top pairing minutes with a #1.
he has zero offense to speak of and these are all RFA years. He’s not overpaid but he’s making a good chunk of change.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This should keep people from hysterically bitching about shit that hasn't happened for about 8 minutes.

Lindgren was the ideal candidate for this type of deal and I'm glad they got it done. Nice salary bump for a guy who has really put in the work to become a player. Don't be surprised when he settles into putting up 30+ points either.

yup, and approx $5 million a year less than Trouba. Wonder if that means Fox is worth $10 million per with Trouba sitting at $8 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad