3 Worst-Case Scenarios for the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnnydrama21

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH

I sadly think a couple of these come true. I don't see Nichushkin/Landy coming back and being impactful. Plus, the defensive additions are small and have failed in other stops. I feel like this is going to be a down year - not missed playoffs or anything - but the contention window is barely open.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

I sadly think a couple of these come true. I don't see Nichushkin/Landy coming back and being impactful. Plus, the defensive additions are small and have failed in other stops. I feel like this is going to be a down year - not missed playoffs or anything - but the contention window is barely open.
So the same as the last two years. First round loss or easy out in the second round. And same as it'll be next year or two.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Having a viable 2C should, at least in theory, save minutes on the top guys.

Injuries are the obvious variable with this.

If the Kings waive Englund, the Avs should look into adding him. The timing was bad before.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

The bold part is my biggest concern , I have no doubt that he will try to comeback but what kind of impact will Landy have ? What if we are negative , he does comeback but he's at best, a 3rd line player ???

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
A 50-60-point season would be perfectly fine for Mittelstadt anywhere else at any other time. But for an Avalanche team that desperately needs more scoring in its top six, he needs to provide more in order for the Avalanche to truly contend.

That bar might be too high for Mitts to do a pull up on. Especially when he starts the season with Wood and Kovalenko as his wingers.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
1. Casey Mittelstadt Doesn’t Break Out
2. Gabriel Landeskog and Valeri Nichushkin Don’t Return
3. The Defensive Experiments Fail

Number 1 should be "Alexander Georgiev is 63rd in GSAA Again"

#1 and #3 are nothing burgers. Mittelstadt is already a solid two-way 60ish point guy. The Avs defense is seven guys deep and will be easy to upgrade at the deadline if needed.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I bet I could come up with way more than three.
HWFG

• Landeskog does return, but gets crumpled like a deckchair 10 seconds into his first shift and never walks again.
  • Nichushkin does return and plays at 100 point pace, Hart/Selke trajectory then goes on a bender before the playoffs and is quietly removed from the country.
  • Rantanen gets 8x13, MacKinnon spends all year sulking about it while Mikko starts turning up to games like the Dude does when he goes bowling.
  • Toews starts showing his age.
  • Makar's hip starts showing its age, he gets shut down for surgery in March and he's out for longer than Landeskog.
  • Fourgiev has a GAA in double digits after 10 games but refuses to leave the net in scenes resembling a cross between the bit in Empire Strikes Back when they sleep in a Tauntaun (Annunen is the Tauntaun) and this meme:
    1726262344894.png
  • Bellemare gets a contract and plays 82 games.
  • Ritchie makes Conor Bleackley look like Gary Roberts.
  • We get a jersey ad.
  • We get a jersey ad which isn't a plain white wordmark.
  • Drouin was a one-hit wonder.
  • Mittlestadt's Buffalo stink starts filling the room.
And these are just all of the ones I fully expect to happen, I haven't even tried to be facetious.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh

There's obviously a bunch of question marks. Sure, if all of those question marks result in worst case scenarios playing out, we're in trouble.

On the flip side, if they all turn out in the best case scenario, we're a top tier contender.

It's just a matter of what scenarios you want to choose to believe in as most likely to occur.

Personally, I think our forward core is going to be pretty freaking elite by February. And then we'll have to wait and see what we do with the Defense and goaltending after that.

Reactions: GoNordiquesGo

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad