GDT: #3| Penguins at Toronto| Sat. Oct. 12 |7:00PM| SBA| NHLN, SN-PIT| Leper Messiah

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
That's on Sullivan.
How dare you mention Sullivan in a game he's coaching and making decisions and stuff.

Rust immediately back on the powerplay just confirms the fact that the PP coach is told who should be on it vs who deserves to be on it.

But clearly, we can't discuss who made that discussion because that'd be like, unfair or something or what not.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Someone named Paul Cotter already has 4 goals for the Devils and Sid and Geno can’t even get one…it’s going to take Geno all season to get to 500 goals lol

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Our only talented players are 100 years old.
The coach playing them like they're still 27 and 28yrs old is fantastic, other teams manage minutes for their players 35+ but no not this team, play them 20+ a night! Why use the youth, Glass is barely at 10mins.

And yes, I am aware they are not at those minutes in this game, yet. Sid is at around 16 and Geno at 14.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The coach playing them like they're still 27 and 28yrs old is fantastic, other teams manage minutes for their players 35+ but no not this team, play them 20+ a night! Why use the youth, Glass is barely at 10mins.

And yes, I am aware they are not at those minutes in this game, yet. Sid is at around 16 and Geno at 14.
We have no youth.

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I'm not even sure the Pens have a single, genuine scoring line winger right now. :laugh:
I feel like we do, they just won't be used like they are though or played. I laugh at them taking Puljujarvi out as well, he was solid on the forecheck and the third line looked good with him on it, in this one the 3rd line is invisible.

I feel like Rutger is getting sent down after this game and Puljujarvi will be back on the 3rd line RW.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
We look terrible against team with reasonable defensive structure and commitment. The fact I’m including the Toronto Maple Leafs in this category is concerning.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I know Beauvillier scored a couple of goals against Detroit, but I think he's still the weak point in the lineup.

I think the optimal lineup with the current players would be:

DOC - Crosby - Rakell
Bunting - Malkin - Rust
McGroarty - Eller - Puljujarvi
Hayes - Glass - Acciari

When Lizotte comes back, I think you send McGroarty down and slide Hayes up to the third line.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Weird, a veteran player that played some of the pre-season games and was in camp, missed 2 games is somehow super...Rusty.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I know Beauvillier scored a couple of goals against Detroit, but I think he's still the weak point in the lineup.

I think the optimal lineup with the current players would be:

DOC - Crosby - Rakell
Bunting - Malkin - Rust
McGroarty - Eller - Puljujarvi
Hayes - Glass - Acciari

When Lizotte comes back, I think you send McGroarty down and slide Hayes up to the third line.
We can keep shoehorning McGroarty into this line-up when he should be in WBS playing top line minutes all we want, it doesn't do him any favours being on the 3rd line with barely 10mins a game in his current usage.

I'd rather they just did what they intended to do...

Beauvillier, Crosby, Rakell
Bunting, Malkin, Rust
O'Connor, Eller, Puljujarvi
Hayes, Glass, Acciari

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m glad we have a top 2-3 coach so we can watch this shit AND then also miss the playoffs by too few points to actually get a top 3 draft pick…best of both worlds lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad