GDT: #3| Penguins at Toronto| Sat. Oct. 12 |7:00PM| SBA| NHLN, SN-PIT| Leper Messiah

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Feels like it's gonna be 3-1 soon unless the Pens start generating some offensive pressure.

Also Leafs are due a PP
Pens got away with a ton and I am shocked they haven’t had at least 3 power plays by now. Pettersson with a hook he got away with, Rust with a hold he got away with, etc.

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Even the Pens pressure in the Leafs zone is so lackadaisical vs the Leafs, lol. Like none of that felt like a threat to score.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Smart positioning by Rutger, he looked like he spent coming back but hung back while 4 Pens were down low to cut off that pass to the Leafs point.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Could end up being a very good bottom 6 C for us, the one thing I am glad they identified was using him as a C, pleasantly surprised by a group of dipshits that coach this team. They had him play RW a lot in pre-season and that was just dumb, they wasted so many games where they could have had him at C and another player at RW with him.
Enh, if you're gonna experiment, preseason's the time to do it.

It's hardly "Let's use Iginla on LW for the first time...in the playoffs" levels of WTF.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Enh, if you're gonna experiment, preseason's the time to do it.

It's hardly "Let's use Iginla on LW for the first time...in the playoffs" levels of WTF.
Wasting all of the preseason games with him on RW when they had him down as a C the entire time for opening day is a waste imo.

Lol the Refs are going to play catch up for the Leafs for power plays later for sure.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Pens got away with a ton and I am shocked they haven’t had at least 3 power plays by now. Pettersson with a hook he got away with, Rust with a hold he got away with, etc.
And now the Leafs just globe trotter us for a few minutes and take a penalty.

yeah the Pens are gonna be short handed like 3x in a row after this PP. better make it count

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

FlyingPenguin

Apr 4, 2009
Kingston, ON
That defensive collapse for the first goal against is truly a thing of beauty. Three or four guys consecutively making the absolute worst possible play.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the forecheck tonight and the cycle game looks pretty good. Finishing looking like it's going to continue to be a problem though.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
That hook wasn’t even remotely as bad as Pettersson’s hook, funny to see that called, you just know the Refs are going to be the main character in the 3rd period vs the Pens.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is where you need the PP to come through. Last year it didn't. We'll see if things changed for this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad