GDT: #3| Penguins at Toronto| Sat. Oct. 12 |7:00PM| SBA| NHLN, SN-PIT| Leper Messiah

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Please get Groats to the baby pens so he can play in a capacity that will help his development and as far away from Sully as possible.

I assume this is going to be another Rangers game? Leafs are talented and fast. We usually don’t do well with those type of teams.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The PP looked the same to me. Obvious, slow passing around the perimeter. Long delays before shots. Karlsson took a shot that bounced off a leg, took a sharp turn and went to the perfect spot. It's more an indication of luck than anything sustainable imo.

I'll believe in the PP being better when there's more skating, one-timers, net-fronts getting puck touches, threatening seam passes and they're fishing the puck less from their zone.

Good PPs break the structure of opposition boxes and force the middle ice.
This Pp with these players and this coach will still be south of 20%, bottom 5 in NHL

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
What the hell is wrong with you? /jk
Go pens!
1728768377939.png

• Haha
Reactions: TooManyHumans

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
While I feel Berube is severely overrated as a coach, I think this isn't a game like the Wings where Sullitwat will be punching down vs the coach.

Blomqvist, I'm sorry lad.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’m not convinced McG is ready, so I’m not torn up about him sitting tonight. Blomqvist in is a good sign.
Yeah he doesn't look wildly out of place or anything but he looks a little raw to me.

Analytically he's done fine though. 56% CF through 2 and 51% xgoals. Nothing wrong with those numbers. He's not getting caved when he's out there which is good. A lot of young players do get caved in on possession.

I don't like him sitting and certainly not at the expense of plugs like Acciari. Acciari took that awful penalty last game that put the Wings on the 5 on 3 and gave them life. That could have been a disaster if they came back. Yet Mcg sits and Acciari gets to go be a plug again tonight.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
This won't start on time as it's their home opener, right?

Also, this site won't work on my iPad. I get a header too large error

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
Yeah he doesn't look wildly out of place or anything but he looks a little raw to me.

Analytically he's done fine though. 56% CF through 2 and 51% xgoals. Nothing wrong with those numbers. He's not getting caved when he's out there which is good. A lot of young players do get caved in on possession.

I don't like him sitting and certainly not at the expense of plugs like Acciari. Acciari took that awful penalty last game that put the Wings on the 5 on 3 and gave them life. That could have been a disaster if they came back. Yet Mcg sits and Acciari gets to go be a plug again tonight.
Yeah I agree with everything here. The Acciari-McG decision seems like an issue we face with all NHL coaches, so I’m not sure we can knock Sullivan for this decision.

I do think McG makes good decisions with the puck, but he seems a step slow to me. Maybe it’s something that gets fixed with more ice time, but I also could see him spending a year in the AHL playing 20 minutes per night and then coming back up next year ready to get regular minutes.

Aaaaaand it looks like he’s in, so non issue. I hope he gets good minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad