GDT: #3: Monday, Oct. 12, 2015, Panthers at Flyers, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm sick of these terrible October starts. We got the doors blown off in game 2 last year, as well.

I can put up with a lot from this team, but if Mason is going to implode like that for no apparent reason then I'll turn it off and do something else like I did last night after we went down 4-0.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm sick of these terrible October starts. We got the doors blown off in game 2 last year, as well.

yeah , i dont know why you think anything else would change. WE are still struggling with the things we struggled with last year, the d core is even worst, and our shutdown line is not as good as last years shutdown line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Funny how you act like you were expecting a blowout after it happened, cause you weren't before the game.

panthers 3-2

giroux

The team played better in Tampa than it did in 95% of its 14-15 road games, and last night's result was due to Mason unexpectedly having his worst game as a Flyer.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Funny how you act like you were expecting a blowout after it happened, cause you weren't before the game.

The team played better in Tampa than it did in 95% of its 14-15 road games, and last night's result was due to Mason unexpectedly having his worst game as a Flyer.

where in the metro do you think we finish?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
From the Panthers board :laugh:

Things to avoid Monday night VS Flyers:

1) Giving them peco or pico powerplays for tastycakes

2) Succumbing to their offensive pressure & goonery

3) Starting at 7:30p, because the game is at 7:00 aka slow start

Things to accomplish Monday night VS Flyers:

1) Start fast and furious, dictate the pace and control it throughout - Like Saturday

2) Capitalize on chances early, killing the confidence on their netminder - Like Saturday

3) Be dialed in the whole time, focused and not too cocky - Like Saturday

Flyers are still sending out goons who agitate and try to get us to drop 'em first (with no intention of dropping their mits themselves). Gotta be mindful of that. So, Thornton being in the game again might be a good idea. Howden is a great addition to speed/skill teams though. So, I'm not sure what we're gonna see out of them Monday. Probably a speed/skill attack again with tons of pucks on net. They are good at that for sure. Gotta control the play.

I just really got a kick out of #1

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers really don't engage physically or goon it up much these days sans from when they play Pittsburgh. Team is certainly more towards the soft side if anything.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wasn't the White fight the first and only fight of the season (including preseason)?

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I really like the way Laughon and both Schenns have played.
Simmonds should be on the 3rd line and Gagner should be in.
Gudas deserves a shot. In all honesty i thin our worst Defenceman has been Del Zotto.

Raffl--Giroux--Voracek
Gagner--Couturier--Schenn
Read--Laughton--Simmonds
VandeVelde--Bellemare--White

Medvedev--Schenn
Striet--Gudas
Manning--Schultz

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i think that is the lineup we have tomorrow sans gudas.

However the problem with this lineup is that it leaves no one to really match up against florida's top line since our shutdown line has wayne simmonds who is terrible in his own end , not a great outlet passer, but a speedy player.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I really like the way Laughon and both Schenns have played.
Simmonds should be on the 3rd line and Gagner should be in.
Gudas deserves a shot. In all honesty i thin our worst Defenceman has been Del Zotto.

MDZ has looked bad because they play him 23min per game, all situations.
He is used like a #1D which he clearly can't handle but sadly they don't have anyone else to put out there.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
one of my offseason predictions in the NHL was that Gudas would be a fan favorite in Philly.... he better dress tonight and start making that happen and bring back the slogan "fear the beard" that was going on in Tampa before he got hurt last year!!!

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 2m2 minutes ago

“Flyers goaltender Steve Mason is out of tonight’s line-up due to a personal family matter. No other details are available.”
-Ron Hextall

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope everything is OK with Mase. His performance on Saturday was that of a guy whose mind was elsewhere so I'm not surprised by this news.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 2m2 minutes ago

“Flyers goaltender Steve Mason is out of tonight’s line-up due to a personal family matter. No other details are available.â€
-Ron Hextall

he must have gotten some bad news shortly before Sats game, that explains that

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Vinny/Gagner/Gudas is in.

Umberger/White/MDV is out?

Is Hakstol in tank mode already?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
can someone explain why we have so many problems vs Florida, is it the matchups, players, style?

Last year we didn't do we against them either.

in a weird way the present some of the same problems the rangers do when we play them.

I thought with medz and a few defensive changes that would help but I seem to be wrong.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What the **** is Hakstol doing?

Levavalier in and Medvedev sitting for Gudas instead of Manning?

Is this guy an idiot?

There is zero excuse for playing Lecavalier. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad