Post-Game Talk: 3 in a row! 5-4 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No, **** this. They couldn't do ANY OF THIS WHEN IT MATTERED! Jesus ****ing Christ. So angry at them right now. Being pleased that they're playing well right now is bull****. It's like applauding your baby for painting a portrait on your wall with her own ****.

This isn't the same team as earlier in the season. They have given roles over to the kids and they are beasting it. To not see the future before your eyes is being blinded by a pick or 2 better in the draft that will likely be meaningless for our future since pick 5-9 all have approx equal likelihood of being the better player.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I've been saying this for awhile. I like what I've seen offensively from Copp all year, he's deceptively fast, has a very hard wrister, and has decent vision. He's just never been given much of a chance.

Another thing I noticed seeing him live in Vancouver the other week, kid is thick. Petan-Copp-Armia should be our 3rd line going into next year.

Petan-Copp-Armia seem to have some chemistry

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I've already decided that we will win the lottery no matter where we end up so all these wins are good. and they are good in a sense in that Wheeler, buff and Scheifele are not laying down and building a positive environment for the young(er) guys

Agreed, this team will be rewarded for not laying down.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Frustrating season gets even more frustrating.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No, **** this. They couldn't do ANY OF THIS WHEN IT MATTERED! Jesus ****ing Christ. So angry at them right now. Being pleased that they're playing well right now is bull****. It's like applauding your baby for painting a portrait on your wall with her own ****.

Half the team has changed over since things mattered. Those players never had the chance.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Get over it. The kids are getting a chance to show they can play and they're running with it. This is a good sign for the Jets' future.

Yeah! Good sign for the future at 81 games in when the other teams are already looking towards the playoffs! I can't ****ing wait to see how well they do when the other teams actually start playing their best!

****ing no man's land again. All year long, and for this.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
lol get over it. our goalies couldn't save a beach ball for a couple months there, our guys were trying. nothing we can do with where we are now. just happy to see that there is hope for the future.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I feel the way about this season how Stannis must have felt after he burnt his daughter alive to help him win the war only to find out his most of his army deserted him the following morning. :shakehead We were so close to getting a high pick, sacrificed so much this season, and now getting a meh pick[mod]

Really happy for the way Schwheerlers, Buff, Petan played. However all that enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that Pavs will still be the starter next season, Stu will still be patrolling the blueline and one of the young guys up right now will likely lose his job to Chris Thorburn

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah! Good sign for the future at 81 games in when the other teams are already looking towards the playoffs! I can't ****ing wait to see how well they do when the other teams actually start playing their best!

****ing no man's land again. All year long, and for this.

It's a process.

;)

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I feel the way about this season how Stannis must have felt after he burnt his daughter alive to help him win the war only to find out his most of his army deserted him the following morning. :shakehead We were so close to getting a high pick, sacrificed so much this season, [mod]

Really happy for the way Schwheerlers, Buff, Petan played. However all that enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that Pavs will still be the starter next season, Stu will still be patrolling the blueline and one of the young guys up right now will likely lose his job to Chris Thorburn

those are totally facts :sarcasm:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
those are totally facts :sarcasm:

Only based on 5 years of trends with this team, if that doesn't happen I will be the first one to admit I was wrong, but if you poll the fanbase more people are likely to believe that than otherwise

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
[mod]

Jets win, Sharks stink. Amelioration of Master Chef MILES ahead of schedule. So many great young players showing they want their cracks at those jobs. POSSIBLY Pavelec's last game as a starter. An early draft pick from management with a great track record.

It's technically late at the start of a new good day. Friday's here and it's already awesome.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO

To be fair it depends how good the painting is.

We all knew we weren't going to out-suck Edmonton and Toronto. Columbus had always been a longshot as well. Vancouver pulled off the most elegant tank I thought possible - didn't see it coming.

The odds were always we'd get 4th and 6th and I think thats where we are. All we can do is hope the odds work in our favor. It will be hilarious if we get a higher draft pick then any of the teams below us. I will head to their forums to collect their tears.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This isn't the same team as earlier in the season. They have given roles over to the kids and they are beasting it. To not see the future before your eyes is being blinded by a pick or 2 better in the draft that will likely be meaningless for our future since pick 5-9 all have approx equal likelihood of being the better player.

This is exactly how I feel. This is a very different team now that Scheifele and Wheeler are the leaders, and the team is full of fast, aggressive and talented young players. They are spanking some good teams right now. They really haven't reduced their odds of a top 3 pick that much, and I don't think there's that much difference between 5-9, which is where they'll likely pick. There's a good chance they can get one of the top 3 LHD prospects.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
By the way, you can blame the Sharks for also playing a really bad defensive game.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Coach in post game interview says these games are complete garbage time. So true.

Yup. It's why I refuse to get excited for it. Just useless stat padding for players come contract time. **** off with that. Play like this when the games matter.

Also, Martin Jones? San Jose Sharks? You suck. Enjoy your first round exit if you're gonna play like that.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Coach in post game interview says these games are complete garbage time. So true.

Henrik Sedin said something like that too a couple of days ago.

I don't think the games are entirely meaningless, the guys who are playing well are likely to still be playing well and it certainly hints at some positives for the individual players. But there is no guaranteeing that this translates into anything next year in standings (esp when the well known problems that we have are likely to still exist next year). I remember the Isles going something like 12-3-3 or something ridiculous like that to end the season during the Scheifele draft and drafting 6th overall, next year they drafted 4th overall :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad