GDT: #3 Home Opener - A Tribute to Johnny Gaudreau - Florida @ Columbus - 8/15 @ 7 PM EST

The Four Seven

Rest in Peace Johnny and Matthew
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
This isn't last year's team and I love that, but it's hard to win much when your $5M+ goalie puts up .8-goddamn-18 sv%.

I have tried really hard to give Elvis the benefit of the doubt for over a year but after tonight where we're supposed to win one for Johnny, he, well, plays like Elvis. I'll pop a f***ing champagne bottle when he's gone.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
It's very much like this franchise to lose on a night like this isn't? Damn you hockey gods.

I hope Evason understands that Elvis isn't to be trusted.

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think we played very good. But we lack a player with a set shot, not only strong but accurate, who can shoot without handling the puck too much.
And, of course, a goalie. With all due respect, Elvis is an average goalie at best.

Werenski, Johnson - TOP. Again.
I very like Provorov and Sillinger.
Jarmo drafted very good but his Severson and especially Merzlikins signs... .

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Love the fight in the team so far. Dont want to pile on, where's the ice cream cone emoji, Elvis has to come up with a couple of those.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Fantilli is struggling a bit at times, but I think we can patient with him for sure.

I thought he really came alive in the third when he was put with KJ and Sillinger.

I think he's still putting it together after the injury, there's been a bit of hesitation there.

Not sure I agree with all the Elvis bashing; I think we got average goaltending and we lost because of Spencer Knight's great goaltending.

I think it was not a good game by Elvis. Below average, though not horrible. But as you said Knight was great, and Knight had a couple posts and lucky breaks and that was the difference.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure I agree with all the Elvis bashing; I think we got average goaltending and we lost because of Spencer Knight's great goaltending.

But good effort anyway, encouraging game like major said.
Elvis -2.86 goals against expected and a save % of .816.

The Empty Net had a better results than Elvis :cool:

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, let's review.
  • Well honored our 13th forward (z''l)
  • Monahan scored
  • That WONDERFUL shortie by KJ and Sillinger
  • Felt so damn good to hear the cannon fire again :D
  • Monahan got the goal I hoped he'd get
  • Liked how Harris looked in his debut
  • Didn't give up an ENG when last year it would have been inevitable
  • Monahan got to point to the #13 banner after the goal
  • Overall the boys looked awesome and put up a hell of an entertaining fight even if it didn't go our way in the end
  • Oh, and Monahan got a goal. :)
I'm content with the result either way.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

But good effort anyway, encouraging game like major said.
Nah. 3 of those were just ugly. The 4th goal is one Knight saves too.

What’s the scoop on Guddy? So sad he got injured tonight.

Reactions: thebus88

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I was at the game and while 2 of those goals were on Elvis, the rest was on Team defense. Some players like Sillinger was puck watching with less than 10 seconds to go and allowed Reinhart to go unimpeded to the front of the net.

While I thought some players played well others went back to last year’s game.

I don’t think tonight was a very good game all around for the team.

Reactions: Fred Glover

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Observation: The only times this team has ever been good, they have fight and actually score goals in clutch moments at the end of games. The Torts era was the last time we had that.

Not to mention, when was the last time we outshot a good team like the Panthers to that extent? Not under Vincent, that’s for sure.

This is not your last 3-4 years version of CBJ. Maybe the record won’t show it at the end of the year, but this could be a vastly better team than we’ve had recently. And the kids are getting better. Thank God for good coaching.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Observation: The only times this team has ever been good, they have fight and actually score goals in clutch moments at the end of games. The Torts era was the last time we had that.

Not to mention, when was the last time we outshot a good team like the Panthers to that extent? Not under Vincent, that’s for sure.

This is not your last 3-4 years version of CBJ. Maybe the record won’t show it at the end of the year, but this could be a vastly better team than we’ve had recently. And the kids are getting better. Thank God for good coaching.
The PANARIN era was the last time we had that.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I don’t think tonight was a very good game all around for the team.

????????????????

Aside from the L which obviously sucks, the team showed so much resilience and played their asses off. Expected goals were 3.44 to 1.14. Thoroughly dominated the reigning champs

This team feels different. You can tell the culture they are building is real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad