GDT: #3 | Flyers at Oilers | Tuesday, October 15, 2024 | 10:00 PM Celsius Time | ESPN

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Tess is on after on TCM. It is one of the great mysteries of the universe how Nastassja Kinski came from Klaus’ DNA. I don’t get it. I DON'T GET IT, BEEF.

1980s-nastassja-kinski-v0-ja41cmmjgofd1.jpeg

173f4a5e2d0131fc5d1c72490bed8173.jpg

Is she anywhere near as insane?

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Anyway, it's unlikely they make the playoffs so they might as well just lose outright. I'm sure they'll be OTL champions just to further harm their chances. That's honest hockey, keeping yourself from getting more talent. Everyone knows you don't need talent to win, just honesty and hard work.

After all, check out this list of teams that have won like that:

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Way ahead of you. In fact, I have already mentally prepared myself for the massive 8-year contract captain Luchanko will sign in his late 20s.

I get the joke here, but being real, I don't see a scenario where our next captain isn't Michkov (barring a sudden Couturier retirement before he's comfortable enough with his English to speak for himself), mainly because the way he's described, he'd probably shank anyone who suggests he shouldn't be the leader of the team.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Sanheim-York wasn’t great

Drysdale played a nice game, encouraging signs with him and Risto last night

PP is just visually so much better. So much fun to watch

Congrats to Michkov

Luchanko looked a bit lost but i like his east to west passing game. It really helps with the zone entries

Only issue I had with Torts last night, his PP1 unit was gassed and they drew a penalty to go on a 5-3, and he kept them out there. They generated a decent chance (39–>11 i think) but they couldn’t win a foot race to a 50/50. Either call a timeout there (fine with me) or send out the 2nd unit

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
General notes:

- It was hard not to be excited about the Michkov in the first period. He does some really fun stuff, and am excited to watch him for the next 10+ years.
- They need to take Tippett of the half wall on the PP, and stop using him on as entries, I still think he has a place on that PP, but he can't be responsible for being a primary puck mover. Too many times, the play died on his stick. With that being said, it's the second game in a row where he's shown some of his impressive skating. That's a good sign!
- The infusion of Michkov helps the PP, no doubt, but so does the new rotation scheme they're currently using. They are moving all over the place, and that's the key to a good PP. Both PPs look pretty darned good with puck movement....But they still used that absolutely stupid box setup on the 5v3.
- Luchanko -- It's pretty clear, at least right now, he can play in the NHL and hold his own. He made a few decent passes last night, too, and had a couple chances as well. My worry, as with much of this board, is that he needs to be sent back to work on his puck skills. It's just not a good idea to anticipate that players will develop skills in the NHL that they did not possess in lower levels. That's such a rare thing to happen.
- EJ - just not an NHL defenseman anymore. Seems like an awesome dude, but you can't convince me that Andrae can't provide the same value.
- Looking at TOI, I noticed Foerster played more than any other forward, which I found odd. I didn't notice him specifically last night too much. A few things here and there, but I wouldn't have guessed he had the most TOI.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
General notes:

- It was hard not to be excited about the Michkov in the first period. He does some really fun stuff, and am excited to watch him for the next 10+ years.
- They need to take Tippett of the half wall on the PP, and stop using him on as entries, I still think he has a place on that PP, but he can't be responsible for being a primary puck mover. Too many times, the play died on his stick. With that being said, it's the second game in a row where he's shown some of his impressive skating. That's a good sign!
- The infusion of Michkov helps the PP, no doubt, but so does the new rotation scheme they're currently using. They are moving all over the place, and that's the key to a good PP. Both PPs look pretty darned good with puck movement....But they still used that absolutely stupid box setup on the 5v3.
- Luchanko -- It's pretty clear, at least right now, he can play in the NHL and hold his own. He made a few decent passes last night, too, and had a couple chances as well. My worry, as with much of this board, is that he needs to be sent back to work on his puck skills. It's just not a good idea to anticipate that players will develop skills in the NHL that they did not possess in lower levels. That's such a rare thing to happen.
- EJ - just not an NHL defenseman anymore. Seems like an awesome dude, but you can't convince me that Andrae can't provide the same value.
- Looking at TOI, I noticed Foerster played more than any other forward, which I found odd. I didn't notice him specifically last night too much. A few things here and there, but I wouldn't have guessed he had the most TOI.
Nice summary.

i’m interested to see what they do with Andrae, if Seeler can’t go - they almost have to give him Seattle right?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Nice summary.

i’m interested to see what they do with Andrae, if Seeler can’t go - they almost have to give him Seattle right?
I get the feeling the Flyers don't really think Andrae is NHL material. He is one of the guys that just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, for example like Zamula has all last season and this one as well.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Interested to see their goalie decisions over the next week.

Ersson obviously gives them a better chance to win, but with Kolosov waiting in the shadows, you gotta play Fedotov to see what you have. They also cannot run Sam into the ground again

I think Fedotov likely gets the net tomorrow.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think one reason Zamula will get the benefit of the doubt is Michkov, but next season Michkov's English should be good enough that Zamula will have to earn his job.

Tippett made some nice passes, he's actually a better passer than advertised, I think like TK, his lack of hockey IQ means he's better in "run and gun" situations than "half court" where you have to see the ice and anticipate the passing lanes. The drive when he deked through two defenders and got his shot past Skinner (I think it went off the post) was awesome. And I like using him on the PK where he can play an aggressive style and force Sh scoring opportunities.

If Seeler isn't back, I can see Andrae getting a start against Seattle. Probably didn't want him paired with Drysdale against Edmonton.

If Luchanko can hold his own, he'll develop faster at the NHL level (simply more resources in practice, and the focus will be on him), but not if he's overwhelmed. Which is why the coming homestand will make that decision for them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sanheim-York wasn’t great

Drysdale played a nice game, encouraging signs with him and Risto last night

PP is just visually so much better. So much fun to watch

Congrats to Michkov

Luchanko looked a bit lost but i like his east to west passing game. It really helps with the zone entries

Only issue I had with Torts last night, his PP1 unit was gassed and they drew a penalty to go on a 5-3, and he kept them out there. They generated a decent chance (39–>11 i think) but they couldn’t win a foot race to a 50/50. Either call a timeout there (fine with me) or send out the 2nd unit

I also like Luchanko's east-west passing, it's perhaps the best thing he brings.

But I have said this about every new player they bring in and Tortorella beats it out of them, so I am waiting and seeing.

It would be typical Flyers to keep him and then bash away a strength important to him staying.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
General notes:

I actually like the box against a 5v3

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad