GDT: #3 | Flyers at Oilers | Tuesday, October 15, 2024 | 10:00 PM Celsius Time | ESPN

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
spinal-tap-clever-and-stupid.gif

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It's not about talent, it's about having a "NHL body."

Hughes had talent but clearly was undersized and lacked strength. Didn't break out until he was 20.
Bedard is a little undersized but bigger than Hughes, and had a better rookie season.
Nico is full sized and a had a fine rookie season (also Jan B-day)

Luchanko has NHL size, top speed, the issue is going to be his offensive skill package, he hasn't been a liability defensively, has made some rookie mistakes, but better at 18 than Frost at 20 (Frost has made a lot of progress the last few years, both defensive awareness and adding strength, but he's now 25).

I think he'd probably be better off going back to the CHL, but I'd like to see how he looks the next seven games. If he shows significant progress as he acclimates to NHL play, it's not outrageous that they keep him up, if he flatlines or regresses, it's an easy decision to send him down. He'd easily be the 1C on LHV, but that's not an option.
Again, lacking talent but having an NHL body isn't desirable, that's Justin Bailey.

You should want more from your 13th OA pick than that.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Flyers management should have a vision for the next 4 seasons based on who they have in their system and the upcoming 2025 draft (3 first round picks & 3 second round picks) which is key to the future.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Again, lacking talent but having an NHL body isn't desirable, that's Justin Bailey.

You should want more from your 13th OA pick than that.
He's already better than Bailey, heck, he's probably better than Poehling or Laughton at this point.
It's more does he end up being Nico or Eriksonn Ek?
That is a two way center, with his offense deciding whether he ends up a 1C or 2C.
[remember, the median 1st line forward scores 48, 2nd line forward scores 33 ES points]

Reactions: freakydallas13

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
He's already better than Bailey, heck, he's probably better than Poehling or Laughton at this point
1) No he isn't, and no one can even know if he is for another 40 games of play time or so. To say otherwise is nothing but unfiltered hopium.

2) Those aren't high bars to clear.

(I do appreciate you clarifying what you mean when you throw out 1C comparisons though and agree with your median point)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
lol played 2 games and he is better already than people...i need to get high for this shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad