GDT: #3 | Flyers at Oilers | Tuesday, October 15, 2024 | 10:00 PM Celsius Time | ESPN

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@Magua I'm not sure I've ever made it a third of the way through Room With View. The idea of swapping f***ing hotel rooms being controversial exceeds my capacity for mockery and enters the territory of Kill With Shovel.

Hmmm I’m not sure swapping rooms is the thematic core of the movie. But it’s been a handful of years since I’ve seen it!

I think I prefer Howard’s End as far as Merchant-Ivory Foerster movies go (Remains of the Day is the best overall though).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hmmm I’m not sure swapping rooms is the thematic core of the movie. But it’s been a handful of years since I’ve seen it!

I think I prefer Howard’s End as far as Merchant-Ivory Foerster movies go (Remains of the Day is the best overall though).

It's a plot point. And about as far as I could go, so as far as I know it is the central theme of the film

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Idk Jett looks good this game, feel like he is gonna stay.

I feel like this is a continuation of the preseason. He isn’t lost by any stretch. There’s occasional subtle short passes and positional soundness. But he makes almost no real “wow” plays with the puck to accelerate his timeline. He’s just low event. It’s not enough.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel like this is a continuation of the preseason. He isn’t lost by any stretch. There’s some subtle passes and positional soundness. But he makes almost no real “wow” plays with the puck to accelerate his timeline.

He has had a couple plays that I fear worked chiefly because the other team was surprised this unknown young guy even tried them, and with knowledge they'll be picked off. That pass on entry to the right dangerously close to a defender tonight, for example.

Maybe he's cunning and picks his spots well and it's sustainable, but the feel is "I'm sending this YOLO"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad