3 best swedish defenders right now? (3 selections possible )

3 best swedish defenders right now? (3 selections possible )

• Victor Hedman

Votes: 163 85.3%
  • Hampus Lindholm

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 149 78.0%
  • Gustav Forsling

Votes: 80 41.9%
  • Mats Ekholm

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Jonas Brodin

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Adam Larsson

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Erik Karlsson

Votes: 57 29.8%
  • Rasmus Andersson

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Marcus Pettersson

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Swedens 3 best defenders right now? (3 selections possible )

Forsling is top 3 in the NHL in +/- both in playoffs and in the series.
Karlsson won the Norris last year ...
I could go on :)

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
No, because of cap hit. If they were the same hit, they would.
There's no way they'd trade one of the best defensive players in the league for Erik Karlsson. Forsling has been a huge reason for their success this season, Karlsson is very unreliable when it comes to playing winning hockey and frankly a bit of a question mark if he's the kind of player you want in a contender or not.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Forsling has been great, but you can't pick him above Hedman or Dahlin. Then it's between Lindholm, Ekholm and Forsling, three defensive beasts. I went with Ekholm, but Lindholm would be a really good pick as well. Forsling isn't far and is having amazing playoffs.

A guy like Forsling is certainly happy to be in the conversation. No need to push the narrative by forcing him ahead of players who defend just as well and bring a little more physicality and to the overall play.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I don't think there's as much seperation between most of these guys, as people are making it out to be.

I voted for Hedman as he seems like the only shoe in overall.
I voted Karlsson because he's the best offensively, and won the Norris last year.
I voted Brodin because he's the best at pure defense.

It really comes down to how you rank Offense vs Defense vs 2-way abilities. It'll be different for everyone, and their team's needs. For the Sens for example, I'm taking a 2-way RD with a good contract, so I'd choose Rasmus Andersson despite him not being the best overall player.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Who’s Mats Ekholm?I question this guys defensive abilities

IMG_1674.jpeg

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hedman, Dahlin... Then it's tough. I took Ekholm, but also strongly considered Karlsson. My last vote is based more on recent play (this season) than last few years.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ekholm, Forsling and Anderson. Hedman has slowed and Dahlin has had 1 great year and a bunch of promise.
It's hilarious how people on here will complain that the media only judges defensemen on points and yet do the exact same thing but arguably even worse.

Reactions: JoeMc

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It's hilarious how people on here will complain that the media only judges defensemen on points and yet do the exact same thing but arguably even worse.
Who says I'm judging him on points alone? You might think he's ahead of the others defensively but I don't. Also Ekholm isn't very offensive at all why did I pick him then if I'm going just by points as you think?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Who says I'm judging him on points alone? You might think he's ahead of the others defensively but I don't. Also Ekholm isn't very offensive at all why did I pick him then if I'm going just by points as you think?
Ok so tell me what was the difference between Dahlin's last 2 seasons then?

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Ok so tell me what was the difference between Dahlin's last 2 seasons then?
Maybe I'm being harder on Dahlin because I expect more from him. Considering the talent around him besides goalie Sabres should have been a much better team. I know can't judge a player by a teams results but considering the talent on Sabres and Dahlin being such a big part of it he needs to shoulder some blame. Maybe it was a coaching issue I don't know but he has not hit the ceiling that was is expected of him for me at least. The step back this season as a team hurts him in my opinion at least.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I voted Brodin, Forsling, Dahlin because of what they are right now. EK is inconsistent and mistake prone, Linholm came back to earth after a career year last year, Hedman...seems to be in decline, and i prefer Brodin's ability to defend speed over Ekholm and Larsson, who are much heavier footed, though more physical. Forsling has seemingly come out of nowhere to be a really good Dman.

In previous years Hedman would've been at the top of the list, and it's possible i am overreacting.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I've been told repeatedly that Ek is carrying Bouch to his 100 Plus point season (regular season and playoffs) so he gets a vote for the heavy lifting.

Dahlin
Hedman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad