GDT: 3/23/14 - Wild @ Red Wings - 6:30 PM CDT - 1:30 AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If Moulsons on the ice just toss the puck on net and he'll find it. Nice that Brodin figured that out, hopefully his linemates will figure it out.

MKC line should be the ultimate crashing the net line anyways. Big bodies and they like dirty goals. Having Brodin getting that assist should prove to Yeo to trust the blueline to actually make the play and stop relying on just the forwards.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
MKC line should be the ultimate crashing the net line anyways. Big bodies and they like dirty goals. Having Brodin getting that assist should prove to Yeo to trust the blueline to actually make the play and stop relying on just the forwards.

Wow so you are saying Yeo tells the DMen not to make plays?? Is that what you are saying?

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Big win. Love the way we battled throughout. So happy for Coyle. Kid deserves a couple goals lately. This should do wonders for his confidence. Loved Nino's game too other then the dumb penalty.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
We looked like a different team in the third period, aside from letting the Wings tie it up in regulation. Blum's open ice hit on Glendening was pretty unexpected too, but very welcomed.

Also, very happy this one ended in our favor before the shootout. I'm so sick of the shootout.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
How gross was your bathroom that it took this long?

tumblr_n0wu4gEr0G1qf1116o1_400.gif
Not gross at all. :laugh: I can be a clean freak, and there's just a lot to clean from top to bottom. Whirlpools are a #$%@ to maintain.

Good to get those 2 points. Was certainly not what I expected. Like others have said, I'm nervous about our goaltending too. However, still no regrets about not going after a starter around the deadline. This was something that could not realistically be addressed until this summer.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Coyle coming up big the last few games. Why does it seem that when Coyle is going Nino is struggling then Nino goes and Coyle struggles.

Because we can't have a nice things and if we can there has to be a limit.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Wow so you are saying Yeo tells the DMen not to make plays?? Is that what you are saying?

Have you watched Yeo hockey? Not to mention that the Wild aren't exactly equipped with offensvive minded d men like Blum who get moving the other way and shoot the puck.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Have you watched Yeo hockey? Not to mention that the Wild aren't exactly equipped with offensvive minded d men like Blum who get moving the other way and shoot the puck.

This is great. Now we have people implying that our coach is anti defensemen making plays. I'm sure that's why he benched Spurgeon for pinching down the wall on our third goal. Oh wait, no he didn't.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
This is great. Now we have people implying that our coach is anti defensemen making plays. I'm sure that's why he benched Spurgeon for pinching down the wall on our third goal. Oh wait, no he didn't.

Yeo has his faults yes, but it is embarrassing as a Wild fan to see the dumb little things people think about just to complain! TO think he tells Defenseman not to try to be offensive is comical

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Yeo has his faults yes, but it is embarrassing as a Wild fan to see the dumb little things people think about just to complain! TO think he tells Defenseman not to try to be offensive is comical
You think I'm the first and only one to complain that we don't have d men who move north and shoot from the blue line? It is an absolute trait of Yeo teams that offensive minded d men need not apply.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
You think I'm the first and only one to complain that we don't have d men who move north and shoot from the blue line? It is an absolute trait of Yeo teams that offensive minded d men need not apply.

My Response was to BigT saying maybe Brodins assist will let Yeo trust the Defenseman to make a play rather than relying on the forwards all the time

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
What you think about that Fontaine-Haula-Heatley line?

As much as I don't like Brodziak I like this line even less. Are they our third line or 4th line? Can't tell. Either way i think the Cooke Brodziak Nino line had a strong game on the boards and did a good job with the cycle, even got a few scoring chances too.

I just don't like Heater.

Haula looked good. His skating is awesome but Fonzie doesn't add anything to a line like that.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
My Response was to BigT saying maybe Brodins assist will let Yeo trust the Defenseman to make a play rather than relying on the forwards all the time
Then we are in absolute agreement and I lost the context of your post. A guy like Moulson just needs the puck Fed to the net, he'll take care of it from there. My point is and is valid that we don't have d men who are coached to do that. Yeo says just get it deep and let forwards grind and cycle. I challenge anyone to show me how a Yeo coached team is not exactly that philosophy!

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
What you think about that Fontaine-Haula-Heatley line?

In person at the game it was AWFUL. Fontaine can get to the net but can't board battle. Haula can battle but needs a little help on the boards to actually get the puck. Heatley just runs in and looses the puck, falls down, and gets left behind. He is an absolute anchor on that line. Fontaine is the finisher, Haula the distributer. They need someone to help get the puck and it sure ain't Dany. He kills that line.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Gustav Nyquist is going to be a heck of a player for years to come. He's exactly what I'd like Fontaine to be. Speedy, aggressive, smart and a great shot to boot.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Gustav Nyquist is going to be a heck of a player for years to come. He's exactly what I'd like Fontaine to be. Speedy, aggressive, smart and a great shot to boot.

I like Fontaine but he has no where near the skill level of Nyquist. Tatar is going to be a stud in this league too.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Then we are in absolute agreement and I lost the context of your post. A guy like Moulson just needs the puck Fed to the net, he'll take care of it from there. My point is and is valid that we don't have d men who are coached to do that. Yeo says just get it deep and let forwards grind and cycle. I challenge anyone to show me how a Yeo coached team is not exactly that philosophy!

Bliz hit on what I was trying to say perfectly. It is why Zidlicky was such a PITA just before the deadline in Yeo's first season. Our D doesn't get the chances to do a lot of things unless their name is Suter or Spurgeon. When you have forwards who want to get dirty goals and have great hand-eye coordination, let the D throw it in there and get something raw. Instead they rely on perimeter passing and angled shots from the wings and then in front of the net. The D rarely gets into the play.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
At this moment in time I really like the top 6 with Coyle elevating his game recently.

Bottom 6:
Nino - Haula - Fonzy
Cooke-Broziak-Veilleux/McCormick

Yeo needs to sit Heatley. He doesn't have a role on this team!!! Plain and simple he hurts whatever line he is on and he's not good enough to play in this league anymore.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Finally we won! Nice to see that the team didn't quit and stayed with a strong pace. Not really happy with our current goalie tandem, but it will get better.

Also, nice to see the Koivu-Kronwall rivalry, they truly hate each other :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So, I go do something, and we come back and win in overtime.

Need to make sure I know someone who wants to do something for the rest of the Wild's games.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The goaltending situation is starting to look uncertain. We will be routed in the playoffs if neither Kuemper or Bryz can up their game from recent performances. Good comeback from the team tonight, though.

As for Koivu's ankle, I will repeat what I've said earlier: a broken ankle that keeps you from playing for 2 months is not a minor injury. It's an injury that can still have an effect on your game 6 months or more after the injury. Even when the bone has regenerated, the ankle is still not 'healthy' so to speak (normal function + no pain). It takes time to achieve full mobility, but at this point I'm not sure if pulling him from the lineup would make a difference. It has been long enough for the bone to regenerate so he's probably not in danger of re-injuring it. Unless you want him shut down until training camp, it's possible nothing can be done about it. It will heal in its own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad