GDT: 3/2/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
That’s exactly how I thought that OT would go. Counting on Vazy to make right now is a waste of time. They look tired and mentally drained.

I honestly think they've just packed it in thinking they have the playoffs locked up. I mean you aren't overtaking Boston and we are pretty much guaranteed to match up against Toronto.

Reactions: RDTBay4

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Another terrible effort from the so called "defense," and not a great performance from Vasy again either. Raddysh is not NHL quality, and a move needs to be made(probably more than one).

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Will the franchise renaming be taking place soon given the utter dominance of thenPens over the Lightning? I’ll bet Crosby wishes the Lightning were winning the Atlantic because he probably thinks this team is a joke

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
These threads seem more active than last year, only been here for a few games this year.

Vasy suckedddd tonight, rewatch those goals holy f.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
If vasy only being the 5th best goalie in the league this season isn’t good enough for this team maybe they just aren’t good enough. i feel like we have so many f***ing problems and goaltending is not one of them

goalies aren’t good every game. not even every season. vasy is the most consistent one in the league yet he is still gonna have bad stretches and complaining about them just feels like a waste of time.
10DCB0FF-722D-4E0C-A668-E2E5BBEE7D06.jpeg

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
A couple weeks ago I thought 50+ wins was a lock and maybe home ice in rd 1, but it's obvious they don't give a shit about any of that. Maybe they'll have enough pride to finish in somewhat less embarrassing fashion and go into the playoffs resembling something of the team of the last 3 seasons. Expecting the team to turn it on G1 of the playoffs is asking for disaster.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It did? I thought it was a well deserved loss and so it didn't bother me that much. This is a bad team right now and masking that fact over with pond hockey wins isn't going to help fix the things that need fixing.
It hurt because we lost a game we were really pushing to win. Coop wasnt even rolling 4 lines. They just dont look good enough.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
A couple weeks ago I thought 50+ wins was a lock and maybe home ice in rd 1, but it's obvious they don't give a shit about any of that. Maybe they'll have enough pride to finish in somewhat less embarrassing fashion and go into the playoffs resembling something of the team of the last 3 seasons. Expecting the team to turn it on G1 of the playoffs is asking for disaster.
I don't buy for one second the "the players don't give a shit" bullshit. This is a rough patch to be sure and I agree that attempting to rely on "the switch" yet again is probably a formula for failure given how the competition has improved across the board, but no one is ever going to convince me that the players don't care.

Reactions: NatoGhost

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Scoring isn't the problem as usual, with another 4 goal night. Vasy isn't usually the problem either, but he's not having his best stretch right now. The defense is simply awful, now giving up right around 3 ga. It was a risk to move McD when he did, and losing both him and Rutta has really affected the defense negatively.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Point is up here saying this was a step in the right direction. Maybe by the forwards, outside of being slapped in face offs. The D gives up one break away after another

That Ryan McDonagh guy is +17 on a negative goal differential Nashville team while Hedman is having one of his worst defensive seasons in quite some time, seems correlated but idk.

I think everyone should have expected a major step backwards this year defensively.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
It hurt because we lost a game we were really pushing to win. Coop wasnt even rolling 4 lines. They just dont look good enough.
Right, they don't look good enough. So from my perspective it isn't the loss that is troublesome, it is bigger than than that. And that's what hurts, but not the loss of the game per se.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No more mortgaging futures. This team needs to win as is...if not...then rebuild. Zero reason to keep giving so much for so little. Need to restock the organization.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Right, they don't look good enough. So from my perspective it isn't the loss that is troublesome, it is bigger than than that. And that's what hurts, but not the loss of the game per se.
That's what I meant. I can easily digest games where they dont look motivated. It looked to me like they really wanted this one but probably shouldn't have been even as close as they were.

Reactions: Bartleby

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I don't buy for one second the "the players don't give a shit" bullshit. This is a rough patch to be sure and I agree that attempting to rely on "the switch" yet again is probably a formula for failure given how the competition has improved across the board, but no one is ever going to convince me that the players don't care.

Maybe saying they don't give a shit is too harsh, but the constant turnovers, basic mistakes by some, bad passing, defensive breakdowns, is not providing a great case that they are focused much at all out there right now. Some of the worst and sloppiest hockey I've seen in a long time from them.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
If vasy only being the 5th best goalie in the league this season isn’t good enough for this team maybe they just aren’t good enough. i feel like we have so many f***ing problems and goaltending is not one of them

goalies aren’t good every game. not even every season. vasy is the most consistent one in the league yet he is still gonna have bad stretches and complaining about them just feels like a waste of time. View attachment 661732
Vasy wasn’t good tonight no one said anything about the regular season. He had outstanding numbers the last 8 games but tonight he sucked. You’re acting as if someone in here said he’s sucked all year.

The D is horrible but that’s what you get for trying to make Sergachev something more than he is. He still f***s up regularly like he has done every year since he was a rookie, it somewhat offsets any offensive potential he has and with Hedman either declining or burned out and a true AHL’er playing D this is what you get.

Also this team doesn’t have many issues, it’s mostly just D and inability to clear the puck from the defensive zone.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This team defense and defensive group looks like pre 2015 Tampa. Comical tbh. Doesn't help Cernak is hurt every other game and 3 are #6/7 type defenseman.

I will be behind these guys til they get eliminated or win it, but I'm not confident in this group at all. Can't fault them but we have too many flaws to just say "it's ok we have Vasy and the experience." That won't mean anything when he's peppered and we are outplayed 95% of the time. Not sure if they're mailing it in or out of gas 60 games in, but this is sad to watch.

Vasy was the only reason we stayed in this game the first period. Dude is unreal even when he "sucks." Any other goalie and we get throttled 8 or 9 to 4.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I guess they took those talks of tanking for that wild card spot seriously. Just 2 wins on our last 8 games.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I might be reactionary, but I'm tired to see Killorn play like he does.

Also I'm sorry but Cirelli is scaring me with his extension kicking in next season. Good at retrieving puck on the Ozone, but his offensive contribution ends there. Are his defensive abilities enough to justify him crippling our second line? I'm starting to doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad