GDT: 3/2/16 @ Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Hoping for 2/3 of Hawks being the Hawks and playing well. Seem to be sluggish after a few days off usually.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hoping for 2/3 of Hawks being the Hawks and playing well. Seem to be sluggish after a few days off usually.

Yep. I'm hoping the new guys will set the pace early and bring the team to life. Apparently Weise may play, according to Q yesterday. Not sure if that has changed as these work visas sometime take a good week or more to obtain. I'd particularly like the grit of Weise in the line-up vs Boston tomorrow.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Just because I just posted the video in the "best game you ever attended" thread:

:handclap:

stefa

Jul 10, 2013
I still hate them.

I'll drink to that. If there's one team I want to suck its that team.

And to that seabs goal allmost broke my sofa jumping on it. First after the disallowed goal an finally when Seabrook scored.

Any news on the lines?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Just because I just posted the video in the "best game you ever attended" thread:

This gave birth to my favorite gif ever.

hawkswin3.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
:hawks @ :wings

Remember when this was a rivalry?

It is still a rivalry to me.

Also, Crow gets the start. So Darling assuredly gets the net tomorrow in Boston.

Nice. Darling has looked better of late and we need to keep Crow fresh but still engaged.

Yep. I'm hoping the new guys will set the pace early and bring the team to life. Apparently Weise may play, according to Q yesterday. Not sure if that has changed as these work visas sometime take a good week or more to obtain. I'd particularly like the grit of Weise in the line-up vs Boston tomorrow.

It will take some time to gel. I am more excited about Weise than I thought I would be because I was not a fan of his at the start. The more I read and watch the more impressed I am. Really solid move for a 3rd line bumslayer to go with TT.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1m1 minute ago
Dale Weise is on his way to Detroit, but won't play tonight. Expected to play tomorrow in Boston. #Blackhawks

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Good that the Weise situation is finally getting resolved. And hey, this gives him a chance to watch the team as a teammate.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I really miss this rivalry. It was awesome from '09-'13.

Best regular season game I've ever seen.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Looking forward to seeing if a change of scenery and new system will revive Ehrhoff. Not holding my breath, but if he could get his game back to a point of where he is a decent 5/6 guy it could be important. He is playing with TVR, hopefully he can see some PP time.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Still got some hate for these mugs for sure. A ton of respect, too.

Thanks for posting the video SAADfather. What a way to send them off to the Eastern Conference...

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015

Nah, that should be 'game winner from Hjalmarsson at the end of the 3rd'. :)

Possibly worst call ever? I remember Milbury and Jones going off. Saying one of the worst calls they've ever seen.

But that hit by Bolland was a beauty.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Nah, that should be 'game winner from Hjalmarsson at the end of the 3rd'. :)

Possibly worst call ever? I remember Milbury and Jones going off. Saying one of the worst calls they've ever seen.

But that hit by Bolland was a beauty.

I remember being at the UC and it was so loud when Hammer scored, no one knew that the goal got called off for like 45 seconds to a minute. None of us had any idea why either. I diddnt know what happened until we went to a bar after the game and they had NHLN on and they showed it on there and the whole bar went off "THATS WHAT THEY CALLED!?!?"

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't know if it's Stockholm syndrome from years of getting our heads kicked in by the wings or what but I have no disdain for the wings.

I actually get to watch this one so please win.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Going to the game tonight. Always fun wearing my Hawks sweater to the Joe.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't know if it's Stockholm syndrome from years of getting our heads kicked in by the wings or what but I have no disdain for the wings.

Funny my memory recalls that Hawks always gave Wings a good tilt. Even in the many lean years that rivalry always kicked in and Hawks gave them everything they could handle.

That's how I remember it and I think I'll keep it that way. :)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Me neither. With them being out of the conference they are kind of a distant memory. I hate the Blows way more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad