GDT: 3/14/24 - 7:00PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
remember when point would beat people with his speed? idk if it's the injuries or what but he seems to following the path of tyler johnson

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This defensive structure is still ass against good teams. As soon as there's a loose puck nobody knows what to do and guys are just flying around uncovered.
Well we have one bonafide top 1-4 defenseman Hedman and a bunch of number 5/6 defenseman.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I disagree. He looks fantastic right now. He's definitely feeling it. Duclair too. The problem is our forwards are freaking wet dream in the defensive zone for everyone who plays against them

Kucherov doesn't look bad, but Mack is just on fire. If Kucherov's name isn't on the tip of everyones tongue all game there is no way he'll overcome that gap.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This defensive structure is still ass against good teams. As soon as there's a loose puck nobody knows what to do and guys are just flying around uncovered.
Its not that they don't know what to do.

Its that they're coached to sit in their "zone".

Problem is when we do that, teams have all day to find an open pass and make a play.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Its not that they don't know what to do.

Its that they're coached to sit in their "zone".

Problem is when we do that, teams have all day to find an open pass and make a play.
Exactly, they are guarding ice, not men. I guess if we could play 40 on defense it would make sense.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Its a coaching issue I hope is addressed in the offseason.
by "addressed" i wanna see an assistant coach get shitcanned for this season's defensive scheme

literally no body has looked good. just now raddysh is showing signs of good defense work, but he was ass all season prior. the implementation of this strategy is so bad it should cost someone their job

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
remember when point would beat people with his speed? idk if it's the injuries or what but he seems to following the path of tyler johnson

I haven't seen the Rangers not have 2 men back every time we clear the puck.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Put Kuch with Duclair and Cirelli. Put Stammer with Point and Hagel. Let's see what happens. Because this shit is not working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad