GDT: #3 ⋅ UTA @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I see so much potential with these kids but at the same time they’re playing like kids. Too often they stick handle for too long or rush plays when they have time. Their brains are playing too fast and they’re trying to do too much, but the skill level is clearly way ahead of where it has been in the past. Once they settle down and slow the game down they’re going to be great.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Terry is down the lineup and gets just as much ice time. Not a huge difference in toi for the top 9 anymore. 14, 15, 16 minutes. Its about line chemistry.

And I wouldn't move him to the 4th line. Not that guy.
Not the 4th line but not with Carlsson who is our most talented player. Honestly, it wouldn’t be bad if he went down for 20 games

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Didn’t zellweger + fowler work alright last year

Just go
Minty gudas
Fowler zellweger
Dumo luneau

I'm okay with that.

Just play Fowler-Gudas ES against top lines, then let the kids and Dumo figure out the rest until Fowler is gone. Vaak and Lacombe are young NHL wise, but they’re also like 24 and 25 respectively. I see Minty and Luneau as highest potential, so don’t really want to throw them on the top pairing…yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not great by Dumoulin. First time I'm saying that.

He looks like the speed of the game is still beyond him.
I don't know if it's that or if he's just so focused on wanting to prove himself every shift that he's not thinking before acting. The way I described Mac's early play on the main boards is "playing on pure instinct" with the implication that he's not thinking. I think the same applies for Cutter, at least the way I see it. I don't think it's an issue with gauging the speed of the game in front of him as much as it's he's just reacting. He's just moving the puck without much thought or caution. I think he could play a better game if he just mentally slows down.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad