GDT: #3 ⋅ UTA @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I’d like to see Gauthier being the one moved to the 3rd line, so he’s getting easier matchups.

I would most like to see Vatrano McTavish Terry again, that line was great last year.
I'm not sure the opponents match their lines vs us like we think they are. Our supposedly first line have not been that well, if I'm an opposing coach and want to match anything, I'd be worried more about Zegras/Terry lines than two rookies and a slowish vet

Reactions: Ducks DVM

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
Maybe they are and this is just bad luck, but it shocks me that they don't basically force these guys to get flu shots 2 weeks before the start of the season.
In addition to what has been said above, the flu shot loses effectiveness after a few months. The incidence of the flu in OC right now is very low. Obviously, they can get the shot more than once, but if they get it only once, they are better off getting it when the flu starts to appear than right before the season. If it's a late hitting flu like later March or April, you would be better off having your shot in November than September.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ehhh Ive seen people get sick from the flu shot.. IT happens
It is literally impossible to get influenza from an influenza vaccine shot. The virus is killed (and thus non-infective), or it is DNA fragment. Neither is infective.

You can get a vaccine reaction where you feel run down and are feverish, you can catch the flu before the vaccine works (up to 2 weeks), but you absolutely cannot get influenza from an influenza injection.

This is basic medicine and vaccine technology.

Edit - RNA, not DNA. Point still stands

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It is literally impossible to get influenza from an influenza vaccine shot. The virus is killed (and thus non-infective), or it is DNA fragment. Neither is infective.

You can get a vaccine reaction where you feel run down and are feverish, you can catch the flu before the vaccine works (up to 2 weeks), but you absolutely cannot get influenza from an influenza injection.

This is basic medicine and vaccine technology.

Edit - RNA, not DNA. Point still stands
Careful

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This is a f***in weird GDT already.

Well let's get things back on track!

I heard there's a Ducks game tonight?!
1000005652.gif

Ad