GDT: #3 ⋅ UTA @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think Zell played all that well considering he still needs to earn the spot he wants. He wasn't awful or anything but he needs to do better.

I'd argue that was a pretty rough period for Gudas too so our entire leadership group.
Ya I didn’t really notice gudas good or bad…. But woulda liked to see him set the tone a bit.

Only memory of him was talking to the ref

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
it was when Zegras was allowed to be the player he should be
I still don’t buy the “Zegras has had the fun coached out of him” narrative TBH.

I subscribe more to the “Zegras is trying to be more responsible and teams are better at playing against him now” narrative

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Never been a fan of his play. I don’t think he has the IQ so I can hope he improves and we are not pissed 3 years from now the Ducks missed on a 3rd overall.
McTavish has a strong hockey IQ, sans taking penalties too often. His issue is handling the puck right now and not using his legs

Reactions: Mr Rogers

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Mctavish looked really good in preseason. Just bizarre so far , is he injured??
My crazy theory is the exact opposite actually. He looks really physically involved, hunting for hits instead of playing the game.

I think he grew used to playing injured and has to adjust to being fully healthy/full speed

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

No f***ing way :cry: I can't believe I missed watching this live.
WeatheredDuck.jpg

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’m not worried about his hockey sense, I’ve seen him make incredible plays with the puck. He is like a smart student that gets bad grades sometimes, there is something off for him right now. The inconsistency is a separate issue that he needs to address but not worried about IQ

Reactions: AngelDuck

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree with this. There’s some really egregious errors but with the exception of that he’s really impressive still
Yeah I mean, rookies are gonna make mistakes. Bedard still makes pretty big mistakes and his rookie season is already wrapped. This is Luneau's tenth game in the show. Looking at the bigger picture he's been good in the transition game and has been one of the better rovers in the offensive zone. I don't really see the big rush to send him back to the AHL for any reason other than he's waiver exempt.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad